Joey Votto 2017 Outlook

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4-4 with a homer, 2 runs, 2 RBI

OPS up to an elite .987, 2 points higher than his 2016 finish.

great start this year-- just wait until he finally heats up in the 2nd half ;)

oh and for kicks, here are his yearly OPS numbers starting in his rookie season of 2007:

.799*   

*injury riddled season

that's 1st ballot hall-of-fame production. but he isn't treated with the reverence to match (outside of the Jeff Sullivan crowd).

perhaps the most under-appreciated player of his generation, and without a doubt one of the most prolific hitters of all-time. 

oh, and Votto Dong. Joey-Votto.jpg?x77199

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
50 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

oh and for kicks, here are his yearly OPS numbers starting in his rookie season of 2007:

.799*   

*injury riddled season

that's 1st ballot hall-of-fame production. but he isn't treated with the reverence to match (outside of the Jeff Sullivan crowd).

perhaps the most under-appreciated player of his generation, and without a doubt one of the most prolific hitters of all-time. 

Great post.  I too want to say Thank You Joey Votto.  As he kinda loses my attention on a lot of my teams cause you just expect it from him and he's been so damn consistent this season.  

I have this crazy feeling Votto could be one of those guys who is just an elite hitter right until like 40.

Honestly if the 2nd half of his career goes as good as I think it can and Miguel Cabrera continues his decline I think Votto could surpass Miggy on the greatest hitters of all time lists.

1 hour ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

.799*   

*injury riddled season

Votto's OPS is 1.018, not .987

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2017 at 5:54 PM, happymedium11 said:

tell me about it. can't stand looking at the fantasy lineup page and seeing 0/4 next to his name much longer. SMFH he's been a dissapointment so far. 

where the haters at?

Literally saving my season. Especially being depressed about Turner, he comes through with 2HRs for me. Stud this season. I hope he goes for the HR derby, definitely deserves it. AND he tweaks his swing so much that I think he would remain unaffected by any "so-called impact" from the HR derby

• 3 weeks later...

All i'll say is "small sample size" 

No armchair analyst is gonna convince me Votto is gonna bat .210 ROS based on a week of poor stats. He's a stud. This is much more likely to be a blip on the radar.

Puig and Thames are 1000x more likely to bat .210 ROS.

8 minutes ago, DoTheRoar said:

We'll see. That's what people said the first half of 2015 too.

...And he finished the season with a 1.000 OPS in 2015.

No one overreacted to 1 bad week of Votto in 2015. We were all scratching our heads into the first few months of both 2015 and 2016, but he's proven each time that he is the stud we thought he was.

In 2015, his first half slash line was 277/392/484 and in 2016 it was 252/386/446. Neither line was even that horrible. Votto's OPS in both of those first halves are better than Puigs CAREER OPS. The suggestion that Votto is going to suddenly fall off after 1 bad week is asinine.

Edited by jamesisharden