NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miguel Sano 2017 Outlook

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Is the breakout in progress?

I think so. It's early but he leads the majors in average exit velo. The past 2 days he just missed homers, and today he finally put one out. He could easily have 5 bombs and be tied for the league lead right now. He's knocking the sh*t out of the ball.

Edited by bradwatson
1 minute ago, Wallscrapers said:

Lovin the walks as well..not chasin pitches

Yes, he's showing much more patience and willingness to wait on pitches. I mean, he's still going to strike out a bunch, but he's at a 2:1 SO:BB ratio now as opposed to over 3:1 the last two years. So glad he fell to me in every league.

First AB vs Quintana today took 2 early strikes on really good pitches. Battles back to make it 3-2 count after laying off some offspead stuff out of the zone. The 6th pitch was a fastball outer half that Sano just walloped. 111 mph off the bat in the gap for an easy ribbie double. 

On 4/13/2017 at 4:17 PM, to_be_quite_frank said:

This is a good read on a small adjustment he made with his stance. 

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/miguel-sanos-little-adjustment-could-mean-big-things/

I read this last week, you can see the difference in his hand positioning in the GIFs.

Dude has all the power and talent to be a stud, he just needs to learn how to harness it and make more consistent contact.

So far it looks like it's working, and I am sure moving back to 3rd base (his natural position) helps

1 hour ago, bradwatson said:

A much needed big night for him. Felt like he was doing nothing since taking over the 3 hole. Hopefully this will get him going again.

The nice thing has been even when he's not raking, he's drawing plenty of walks. He's tied for the league lead with Harper and Goldschmidt, both 3 hitters. That will buy him some latitude to have some weeks where the hitting isn't stellar.