NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miguel Sano 2017 Outlook

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else hear the broadcast on Sano's second AB where they were talking about how he had to have his bones(I assume bone marrow. Ouch!) tested at age 16 to verify he was actually his documented age. Thats crazy! And all along, hes just been a man among boys.

1 minute ago, ZChronicNebula said:

Wonder how high he's gonna go in drafts next year... us owners lucked out!

My question is what is his value in a keeper league in a vacuum(no salary implications)? Top 50 at this point?

19 hours ago, TXTaz said:

Anyone else hear the broadcast on Sano's second AB where they were talking about how he had to have his bones(I assume bone marrow. Ouch!) tested at age 16 to verify he was actually his documented age. Thats crazy! And all along, hes just been a man among boys.

There was a documentary about him called Pelotera and part of it is about the issues surrounding his age. I suggest watching it it's pretty good. It's crazy to see how much bigger he is now too. Excited to get 40+ bombs out of him this year. 

Crazy stat I saw - Miguel Sano has a 1.6% SOFT contact percentage. That's unreal.

45.2% Medium

53.2% Hard

Absolutely punishing. Tried to compare it to '01 Bonds (73 HR) but Fangraphs only goes to 2002 on those stats for him.

18 minutes ago, Stein said:

Crazy stat I saw - Miguel Sano has a 1.6% SOFT contact percentage. That's unreal.

45.2% Medium

53.2% Hard

Absolutely punishing. Tried to compare it to '01 Bonds (73 HR) but Fangraphs only goes to 2002 on those stats for him.

Yeah if you do the math on all his PAs that dont end in a BB or a K, he's only made soft contact 1 time this year.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, rrrich46 said:

He's now the #3 scoring 3B in my league that has negative points for Ks. If he was hitting .240 then I'd be worried aboit the Ks.

I have him in my OPB dynasty, where he's sitting at #2 in 3B scoring.  He's basically been good Giancarlo Stanton with more walks. 

According to xStats (xStats are calculated using Statcast data such as Exit Velo, Launch Angles, etc)  Sano could sustain a very high BABIP given how hard he's hitting the ball (3.7 % / 43.9 % /52.4 % - soft/med/hard)

I think a .270 average is very much in play, which would be hugely beneficial for owners. 

Capture.GIF

8 minutes ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

According to xStats (xStats are calculated using Statcast data such as Exit Velo, Launch Angles, etc)  Sano could sustain a very high BABIP given how hard he's hitting the ball (3.7 % / 43.9 % /52.4 % - soft/med/hard)

I think a .270 average is very much in play, which would be hugely beneficial for owners. 

Capture.GIF

If he bats .276 he'll be a borderline first rounder. Barring injury 40 homers and 130 RBI are happening. Those are Arenado type numbers.