NBC Sports Edge Forums

Andrew Benintendi 2017 Outlook

Watched his ABs. He's making contact it just looks so weak. His swing looks slower than it did before this drought. Don't know, just eye test stuff but he didn't look confident today. 

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't he in the 2 hole for awhile? Not sure when the switch was made but It seems like his slump started not long after he was bumped to cleanup. Is he not seeing the same pitches because he isn't hitting in front of Betts/Boogie? 

Edited by Under500Forever
15 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

He doesn't have a hit since 5/9. That's an 0fer week. You literally can't be worse than zero/week. So yes, he is the worst. 

So go ahead an drop him, pick up Chris Carter. He hit a homer yesterday and is 6 for his last last 20 since 5/9.

Seriously, the kid is 22, in his first full year in the majors, on pace to hit close to .300 with 96 runs, 96 rbis, 22 homers, and 13 stolen bases hitting either in front or behind some great hitters and you're complaining.

17 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

He doesn't have a hit since 5/9. That's an 0fer week. You literally can't be worse than zero/week. So yes, he is the worst. 

4 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Sorry didn't know I wasn't allowed to complain when a guy goes 0/30. I'll be super ecstatic next time one of my guys slumps. 

Come on man... Nothing wrong with being a little annoyed when a guy is slumping but you are saying he's "the worst" when he's been great all year. What do you expect? 

Nice of the Red Sox to bench this guy today since I didn't have enough people playing games today to find a way to bench him myself - which I will continue to do so until he shows any signs of life whatsoever

From what I can see, he's falling behind in counts. I think his patience is being taken advantage of by pitchers, forcing him to dig himself out of a hole. He's not K'ing much, but he's making weak contact on a lot of pitches.