NBC Sports Edge Forums

Starling Marte 2017 Outlook

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, smeeze said:

Can't say I'm getting what we were expecting stashing this guy for a month+.  Pretty disappointing overall.

Yup but I'm holding onto him for the SBs in h2h categories, I got Dee Gordon but between him and Marte I think I will be good.

Great weekend, lets keep it up Marte!!! Glad I picked you up literally the day before you came back from suspension (don't know why no other owners made the move) but lets go! Pretty much anything else besides the SBs is extra credit.

22 hours ago, B&F said:

What is interesting is these guys come off PEDs and play just as well as when they are on them.

Huh? He's not...

Collecting plenty hits the last few games, but he still sits at .094 ISO, easily a career worst, he is a career .153 ISO.

He could be a good contributor down the stretch, especially with SB, but he's not performing just as well as he was in the past.

31 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Huh? He's not...

Collecting plenty hits the last few games, but he still sits at .094 ISO, easily a career worst, he is a career .153 ISO.

He could be a good contributor down the stretch, especially with SB, but he's not performing just as well as he was in the past.

It's cause he changed his launch angle to not exist. :)

1 hour ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

It's cause he changed his launch angle to not exist. :)

Oh right right, loss of power has nothing to do with PEDs. Keep living in fantasy land. 

Don't forget to leave out milk and cookies on December 24.

13 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Oh right right, loss of power has nothing to do with PEDs. Keep living in fantasy land. 

Don't forget to leave out milk and cookies on December 24.

Um, it doesn't. Especially in this short of a time frame. It's not like he just stopped taking steroids and it deflated his muscles or something. People are so naive about how PED's affect the body and performance. The gains he made and muscular growth will retain as he continues to work out, especially within a few months of stopping.

It's also not like he's hitting a bunch of warning track shots that would have been out of the park with a little bit more strength lol. I don't understand why you're being rude to him when you're in the wrong...

He has been subpar so far. Nothing different than guys that struggle in April and then get hot in May. I think you're leaning a little too hard on the PEDs here. He has been on fire the last week though. He was on my future cut list when Turner comes back, but I am starting to have some hope. If he can use this last week to springboard into an awesome September, no one will know the difference.

56 minutes ago, tywalson said:

Um, it doesn't. Especially in this short of a time frame. It's not like he just stopped taking steroids and it deflated his muscles or something. People are so naive about how PED's affect the body and performance. The gains he made and muscular growth will retain as he continues to work out, especially within a few months of stopping.

It's also not like he's hitting a bunch of warning track shots that would have been out of the park with a little bit more strength lol. I don't understand why you're being rude to him when you're in the wrong...

I'm not in the wrong about the benefits of PEDs... and it's not just a few months, you are looking at about a half year from the time he would have tested positive,  there is an appeals process that carries on and delays the suspension so he wasn't tested then immediately suspended. 

Didn't know he was joking and being sarcastic so my apologies on that to @BlueJaysIn2030, went right over my head thought he was serious lol. My bad.

Edited by StevieStats
33 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

I'm not in the wrong about the benefits of PEDs... and it's not just a few months, you are looking at about a half year from the time he would have tested positive,  there is an appeals process that carries on and delays the suspension so he wasn't tested then immediately suspended. 

Didn't know he was joking and being sarcastic so my apologies on that to @BlueJaysIn2030, went right over my head thought he was serious lol. My bad.

All good!

And I'm with out on the PEDs. Never been a fan of the narrative that it increases contact or makes a guy go from a nothing to a star, but I can definitely see it increasing power/strength. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yup, down the stretch here this is brutal.

DATE OPP H/AB R HR RBI SB
9/11 @Mil 0/2 0 0 0 0
9/10 @StL 0/4 0 0 0 0
9/9 @StL 0/4 0 0 0 0
9/8 @StL 1/4 0 0 0 0
9/7 ChC 0/3 1 0 0 0
9/6 ChC 0/4 0 0 0 0
9/5 ChC 1/4 0 0 0 0
9/4 ChC 2/4 3 0 0 1
9/3 Cin 1/4 1 1 1 0
9/2 Cin 3/5 0 0 1 0
9/1 Cin 0/2 0 0 0 0