NBC Sports Edge Forums

Danny Salazar 2017 Outlook

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, dannyusf said:

Is this guy that HR prone? Boom 3 HRs

Well when you got one good pitch, one horrible pitch, and your last pitch that doesn't count as a pitch.  Then yes, you're likely homer prone.  His fastball is awful.  His changeup is filthy.  He doesn't have anything else.

Jeez with this guy.  I don't think there's a matchup I feel comfortable starting this dude anymore.

I mean, he just sucks.  Not sure how else to put it.

Edited by 89Topps
24 minutes ago, UberRebel said:

That's it. I'm done with this guy.

34 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Jeez with this guy.  I don't think there's a matchup I feel comfortable starting this dude anymore.

I mean, he just sucks.  Not sure how else to put it.

You guys are crazy. Have you seen his BABIP? He is getting very unlucky. The whiff rate is still amazing for his fastball and changeup. Top pitcher in the league for K/9. 

Getting fed up with him. He doesn't even have a great track record to hang his hat on. Seriously if his name was some random streamer he would be off my team a while ago

He's the Rob Deer of pitching, its a k or  the ball gets mashed,  i don't want to hear about peripherals, that only counts driving

Edited by azeri98
4 minutes ago, UberRebel said:

Anyone want to talk me out of dropping him in a 12 team?

Its still to early to consider dropping him. He's a good pitcher on a great team. I would at least bench him for now.

7 minutes ago, Osu1456 said:

You guys are crazy. Have you seen his BABIP? He is getting very unlucky. The whiff rate is still amazing for his fastball and changeup. Top pitcher in the league for K/9. 

It makes sense that his BABIP has gone up.  He's inducing grounders at a career worst rate.  Five points below his career average in fact, with a line drive rate seven points above.  Sure the BABIP's not gonna stay at .395 all season, but don't be shocked if it ends up higher than usual.  Then there's the control issues.  Yes he gets a lot of whiffs, but he can't find the zone.  We talk about three true outcome hitters, Salazar is starting to look like a three true outcome pitcher.  He's still a hold at this point, but only because we've seen enough of him that we know he isn't THIS bad.