NBC Sports Edge Forums

Danny Salazar 2017 Outlook

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A more apt phantom DL injury would be Gluteal Soreness from getting that a** kicked so much this season.

My guess is they're @Coors and they don't even want him on the active roster in fear the Rockies will hang 8 ER in .1 IP on him.

18 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

AL Only

hold

Mixed leagues

phantom injury / mental break / rehab start in 10 days = hold

real injury with indefinite/lengthy DL stint = drop

"phantom injury / mental break / rehab start in 10 days = hold"

^^^

What does that say about your major league pitching coach when the player is sent off to work with some AA coaches/coordinators? It seems like much of the indians pitching staff is struggling this year, outside of Andrew Miller and Carlos Carrasco.

Edited by EmbargoLifted

At least we (and the Indians) can hide him on the DL.  Hopefully he gets his head back on straight and comes back up to dominate the 2nd half.  or we drop him and move on to the next guy....

Yeah, this is a great outcome for those of us with enough DL slots.  I bought in my dynasty league, but I don't want him anywhere near my starting lineup, and I'd rather not have to drop a prospect out of an NA slot.  I'm just surprised they can basically say "his shoulder hurts, so he's on the DL, but he's going to AA to pitch."  The gaming of the DL is such a joke at this point.

13 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

What does that say about your major league pitching coach when the player is sent off to work with some AA coaches/coordinators? It seems like much of the indians pitching staff is struggling this year, outside of Andrew Miller and Carlos Carrasco.

Thought the same. Clearly a disgraceful list trip then, baffles me how teams get away with these.

And Carrasco hasn't been good either lately, so there really does seem something wrong there.

Edited by swfcdan
15 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

Yeah, this is a great outcome for those of us with enough DL slots. 

Yeah, I don't have that luxury in one league. Redraft. I've had enough. I'm going to drop for the next upside starter that catches my eye.

1 hour ago, cad300 said:

I'm DL-ing and holding, only because I am not sold on Clevinger and Tomlin, and I do think there's a chance Danny could post an elite start or two when it matters most. 

I'm not sold on those two as well, but their performances don't or won't make Danny pitch better or worse. Danny has a lot of peripherals that say a correction is coming. I haven't watched him pitch, but I would guess that fastball location is probably leading to elevated HRs, walks, etc. That has led to a drop in confidence. Hopefully he experiences success at AA and comes back more confident in his stuff because the velocity is still there. 

2 minutes ago, the real donny baseball said:

Why?To suck and blow up peoples ratios?He's right where I want him-on the DL remembering how to pitch.

I just want to get a definitive answer of if he's going to be in the rotation or bullpen for the long haul. Obviously, if someone gets injured, the decision is easier. But he's to talented for me to drop right now. The fact that Tomlin has or may have a spot over Salazar when he returns is downright pathetic though. There is no way that should happen. 

Edited by hangin n wangin
16 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

I just want to get a definitive answer of if he's going to be in the rotation or bullpen for the long haul. Obviously, if someone gets injured, the decision is easier. But he's to talented for me to drop right now. The fact that Tomlin has or may have a spot over Salazar when he returns is downright pathetic though. There is no way that should happen. 

Have you seen Danny pitch this year? He's been one of the worst pitchers in baseball. He didn't deserve a rotation spot on any team the way he was pitching.

Hopefully this minor league stint fixes some things and he gets back on track.

3 hours ago, bradwatson said:

Have you seen Danny pitch this year? He's been one of the worst pitchers in baseball. He didn't deserve a rotation spot on any team the way he was pitching.

Hopefully this minor league stint fixes some things and he gets back on track.

I'm well aware of how bad Salazar has been. I own the idiot. I'm also well aware of how bad Josh Tomlin and Trevor Bauer are and that if anyone should have gotten the boot permanently, it should've been Tomlin or Bauer. If it's just a stint to figure things out, fine, but if they choose Tomlin and Bauer over Salazar for the long run, that's absurd.

If I have three pitchers under performing in Salazar, Bauer, and Tomlin, I am not kicking out the guy with the most upside and best track record in the majors. That's Salazar.

Oh, and Kevin Gausman, Tanaka, Arroyo, Gallardo all say hi. They all have been worse than Salazar and are well entrenched in their team's rotation.

Edited by hangin n wangin