NBC Sports Edge Forums

Danny Salazar 2017 Outlook

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Hell of a play to strike em out and throw em out to end the bleeding. 

Hopefully that was Danny's bad inning and he can get to work now.

35 pitches already.  Not the most economical arm in the business.  If he can go 6 I'll be happy.  

5 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

35 pitches already.  Not the most economical arm in the business.  If he can go 6 I'll be happy.  

Danny "five deuce" Salazar.  5.2 IP in just about every start I watch.  This one smells like the others...

PS: I only know/care b/c I own him in a QS league.

Edited by ragrag

Salazar absolutely dealing recently. I know the whole "If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas" but...

If you take out the 2nd inning, Salazar has a stat line of 5IP, 0ER, 10K, 2H, 1BB. That's fantastic.

Haven't read any of this thread this year. But have K-Zar in my H2H league and liking the strikeouts so far, even if not his BBs and ERA so much. People been impressed so far watching him? I always feel like he'll get lots of K's but always the risk to give up a big bomb at any moment. Some pitchers are safe but without big K upside, this guy is the polar opposite in every way. Probably leads baseball in K's now!

14 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

Getting lit up by the f***in White Sox of all teams...can't watch this anymore. 

Huh?  That was quick...I watched the start and it wasn't that bad even for the first two innings.

He was plating pitches until the strike em out-throw em out to end the second.   He began to nibble around the corners and extended the strike zone, finishing strongly.

Just now, dannyusf said:

Can't believe I drafted this guy over Sano. This just sucks. 

Then he'll come back and K Dozier with 1st and 3rd zero outs to tease you.  Then next time through he'll walk Eddie Rosario on 4 pitches, hit Jason Castro and give up a big fly to Escobar.  Just f***** give me the high 3 era, 1.35+ whip and the elite K's.  We aren't getting anything better.