NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bryce Harper 2017 Outlook

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

A "sissy."  

I'll just refrain from any further comment.

Yeah the throw was weak. Makes him look like this girl. Just because you're great at baseball doesn't mean you can't be a sissy from time to time, lol.

40c15cf5229fddeeffb7246db21a62ab-carly-r

Edited by Carlos Correa

Ok.  I commented on this in the GDT thread - he clearly wasn't trying to hit the pitcher with the helmet.  I'm not sure how this fact is being lost by certain individuals.

You want to label Bryce Harper a "sissy," go for it, my man.

It's because he was holding it by the brim. All the weight was above his hand when he tried to throw it. He should've palmed it by the crown and chucked it.

Not trying to throw it at the pitcher? lol.

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Ok.  I commented on this in the GDT thread - he clearly wasn't trying to hit the pitcher with the helmet.  I'm not sure how this fact is being lost by certain individuals.

Looks like he was trying to hit the pitcher to me. Not like he turned his body away to throw it off to the side. It was just a laughable attempt to hit the pitcher that just hit you.

4 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

Yeah the throw was weak. Makes him look like this girl. Just because you're great at baseball doesn't mean you can't be a sissy from time to time, lol.

You, on the other hand, are super cool and manly and tough and stuff.

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He cocked it behind him with his body towards Strickland, where exactly do you think he was aiming? Theres a 99% chance it slipped out of his hand and a 1% chance he wised up. 

Just now, Carlos Correa said:

Looks like he was trying to hit the pitcher to me. Not like he turned his body away to throw it off to the side. It was just a laughable attempt to hit the pitcher that just hit you.

Sigh...I could go into so many things, but it isn't needed.  

Yep, you're right.  Good call, "Carlos Correa."

Just now, Backdoor Slider said:

You, on the other hand, are super cool and manly and tough and stuff.

Yeah how dare anybody criticize another person on the internet. Pretty sure we ALL do it. Quit acting like you never laugh at somebody either.

1 minute ago, jdbob11 said:

He cocked it behind him with his body towards Strickland, where exactly do you think he was aiming? Theres a 99% chance it slipped out of his hand and a 1% chance he wised up. 

To the side, the same way a catcher chucks his mask away before making a play.

Just now, BMcP said:

Sigh...I could go into so many things, but it isn't needed.  

Yep, you're right.  Good call, "Carlos Correa."

If he was throwing it away from the pitcher he would've turned his body away, not faced toward him with his feet toward him as he threw. But I guess you know everything don't you? You're in the minority here.

Just now, BMcP said:

They raise it behind their head like they are throwing a baseball?  No they absolutely dont.  They arent even remotely the same and you know it.  

1 minute ago, jdbob11 said:

They raise it behind their head like they are throwing a baseball?  No they absolutely dont.  They arent even remotely the same and you know it.  

You're right - once again, jdbob.

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I'm not sure how anyone watches the gif or video clip and comes away thinking Harper intentionally threw his helmet to the side. He clearly attempted to wing it at the pitcher and it got away from him. Left him in a horrible position and off balance to start throwing punches too.

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

You're right - once again, jdbob.

Go find me some video of a catcher raising his mask behind his head and spiking it into the ground, Ill wait.  You know the difference between a catcher tossing a masking and what Harper did.  You are just gonna have to face the facts that your boy is gonna miss a few more games than he would have if he hadn't been an idiot and took his helmet with him.  Maybe MLB will let you please Harper's case at his hearing. 

Edited by jdbob11
3 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Go find me some video of a catcher raising his mask behind his head and spiking it into the ground, Ill wait.  You know the difference between a catcher tossing a masking and what Harper did.  You are just gonna have to face the facts that your boy is gonna miss a few more games than he would have if he hadn't been an idiot and took his helmet with him.  Maybe MLB will let you please Harper's case at his hearing. 

You're right - I'll wait for you acknowledge how right you are.

24 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

His release was too early - i'm thinking more 50 cent. Except 50 made contact.

carlyraejepsen50centfirstpitch.gif

Edited by Bravesfan155
20 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I also thought Harper threw his helmet at the ground 

29 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Amazing you've convinced yourself you're 100% right about this when nearly everyone else is telling you you're dead wrong. That's an absurd take. 

Edited by absknicks