Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bryce Harper 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Odor sucker punched Batista who wasn't expecting it. What a great move. Role model 

 

Disagree...Odor shoved him and then Bautista stepped forward with his left hand up and starting to make a fist with his right.  How many fights have you been in when a man shoved you hard in the chest like that and you walked forward not expecting more?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you go out and hit a guy with a baseball bat and you're talking possible jail time, let alone suspension.

And anyone who thinks there was a sucker punch in the Odor/Bautista fight doesn't know what a sucker punch is and/or has never been in a fight. Both guys shoved eachother (ending any chance at a sucker punch), Bautista then comes back in with both hands up and misses with a left jab that was slipped by Odor, who then threw a right cross over said weak jab, knocking Bautista out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Damn Yankee said:

 

Disagree...Odor shoved him and then Bautista stepped forward with his left hand up and starting to make a fist with his right.  How many fights have you been in when a man shoved you hard in the chest like that and you walked forward not expecting more?

People see things differently.  Bautista slid into second base hard and was surprised a smaller man would challenge him afterwards.

Other people see Joey with his hands up and getting hit by the guy with quicker hands and getting his pride hurt.

Either way,  Joey won't be surprised ever again if he decides to go in hard into a base.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

you go out and hit a guy with a baseball bat and you're talking possible jail time, let alone suspension.

And anyone who thinks there was a sucker punch in the Odor/Bautista fight doesn't know what a sucker punch is and/or has never been in a fight. Both guys shoved eachother (ending any chance at a sucker punch), Bautista then comes back in with both hands up and misses with a left jab that was slipped by Odor, who then threw a right cross over said weak jab, knocking Bautista out.

 

Bautista didn't get knocked out or "kayoed" (lol).  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sya said:

i am not sure why so much weight is being put on if he tried to throw the helmet at strickland or no, imo he was throwing it at him, but even if that hit strickland the suspension will be based on the punches thrown. strickland should be suspended much longer than harper and i mean much longer. harper has attitude issues, but strickland is an idiot, you throw 98mph at a batter it can seriously hurt him. he was lucky bryce didnt go after him with bat in hand and nailed him with it to teach him ans other pitchers who do this a lesson.

 

i bet majority of the forum members here, if we were bryce, we would go there qith our bat and nail strickland on his pitching arm

This is hilarious.  A baseball to the hip isnt causing serious injury, as you can see Harper is fine.  A blunt object to the face, be it the bat or the helmet has much more of a chance of causing serious injury.  Harper is going to get the amount of games you get for charging and throwing punches PLUS extra for taking his helmet to the mound and attempting to strike Strickland in the face with it, no matter how poor the execution of the helmet throw was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

He tried to throw it at the pitcher and it slipped out of his hands. Holding it by the bill, the centrifugal force made it slip from his grip as he came around on the throw.  Not sure how this is even a question. Are we watching the same video?

 

I don't have time to go back, people are really debating this? Edit: I had time to go back. 

Edited by Mickey Donovan
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jdbob11 said:

This is hilarious.  A baseball to the hip isnt causing serious injury, as you can see Harper is fine.  A blunt object to the face, be it the bat or the helmet has much more of a chance of causing serious injury.  Harper is going to get the amount of games you get for charging and throwing punches PLUS extra for taking his helmet to the mound and attempting to strike Strickland in the face with it, no matter how poor the execution of the helmet throw was.

the argument that the pitch hit his thigh or back is a fail. as long as you beam someone with a 98mph fb, many things can go wrong. what if the aim was bad it his his wrist, elbow or fingers, knee causing serious injury? ok so he was aiming for back of thigh, what if he as aiming for back, bryce decides to try and elude it move back pitch hits hand or ducks and it hits his face?

 

my point is strickland deserves to get punched and even more than that

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

This is hilarious.  A baseball to the hip isnt causing serious injury, as you can see Harper is fine.  A blunt object to the face, be it the bat or the helmet has much more of a chance of causing serious injury.  Harper is going to get the amount of games you get for charging and throwing punches PLUS extra for taking his helmet to the mound and attempting to strike Strickland in the face with it, no matter how poor the execution of the helmet throw was.

That's kinda silly. If people were forced to choose between taking a helmet thrown by Harper or a baseball pitched by Strickland the line for Bryce Harper would be miles longer and the few people in the Strickland line would probably just have somewhere else they need to be, with a few other morons who don't know any better sprinkled in.

Also, I'm not sure how you are jumping to the conclusion that Harper was aiming "for his face" when the throw was basically a complete 90 degree shank nowhere near Strickland at all, let alone his face.

Edited by Fiveohnine
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fiveohnine said:

That's kinda silly. If people were forced to choose between taking a helmet thrown by Harper or a baseball pitched by Strickland the line for Bryce Harper would be miles longer and the few people in the Strickland line would probably just have somewhere else they need to be, with a few other morons who don't know any better sprinkled in.

Am I understanding this correctly, you believe people would rather be hit in the face by a helmet thrown by Bryce than in the hip by a baseball?  I assume you say that people would choose the helmet because they are almost certain Bryce would miss them by a mile like he did yesterday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

 

Honestly. I'm starting to lean towards the Manny Machado stance on this--the guy's throwing a 5 ounce rubber ball at you at 98 miles per hour. You should be able to defend yourself with a "weapon" of your own.

 

Well, not literally. That would be batsht crazy. But you see where I'm going with this.

 

Let's not even go there. We live in 2017 United States, pretty soon the NRA will be lobbying for players to be packing. Get hit by a fastball, take out the 9mm and start firing..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jdbob11 said:

Am I understanding this correctly, you believe people would rather be hit in the face by a helmet thrown by Bryce than in the hip by a baseball?  I assume you say that people would choose the helmet because they are almost certain Bryce would miss them by a mile like he did yesterday. 

Where are you getting this "in the face" stuff? That's just dumb. You have no idea where he was aiming. Probably even Harper doesn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mickey Donovan said:

 

I don't have time to go back, people are really debating this? 

Yes, its been hilarious reading people saying he was tossing it aside like a catcher does his mask.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Harper had 2 HR off of Strickland. the 2nd one Harper was staring at Strickland as he rounded the bases, and then after getting back to the dugout was barking out at Strickland. does that not give Strickland a "right" (in unwritten rules) to get back at Harper for what Harper did ?

 

Strickland said after the game what he had to, that he was pitching inside. one can think it's bull****, but still could be believable.

 

I think Harper will get 5-8 game suspension, and Strickland will get less, 3-5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fiveohnine said:

Where are you getting this "in the face" stuff? That's just dumb. You have no idea where he was aiming. Probably even Harper doesn't.

We all have eyes, you can see he was aiming it at his head, if he had made a good throw it would have at least made contact with his shoulder or chest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jdbob11 said:

We all have eyes, you can see he was aiming it at his head, if he had made a good throw it would have at least made contact with his shoulder or chest. 

That is one of the more ridiculous things anyone has ever posted here. He totally shanked the throw and you're 100% certain he had a pinpoint aim for his face.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Carlos Quentin got 8 games when Greinke suffered a fractured collarbone. Quentin charged the mound after Greinke had hit him for something like 2 previous times in his career.

 

You really think that Harper will get that much for what essentially could be throwing a punch? The helmet was gone before he got to Strickland whether he threw it at him which could be debated either way

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jdbob11 said:

We all have eyes, you can see he was aiming it at his head, if he had made a good throw it would have at least made contact with his shoulder or chest. 

It's clearly very hard to throw a helmet with any accuracy so I doubt you can really hurt anybody doing it. 

It was funny how bad his helmet toss was.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

That is one of the more ridiculous things anyone has ever posted here. He totally shanked the throw and you're 100% certain he had a pinpoint aim for his face.

Another Harper owner afraid to face the facts I guess lol?  Doesnt matter if he "shanked" the throw, when the helmet is cocked behind his head you can see the direction he was aiming.  

Edited by jdbob11
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's dumb to say you're sure he was aiming at his face. But it's even dumber to line up to get beaned by a 98 mph fastball instead of a batting helmet.

A football helmet maybe. But a batting helmet? Obviously you have never played baseball. It's not even a serious choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

We all have eyes, you can see he was aiming it at his head, if he had made a good throw it would have at least made contact with his shoulder or chest. 

if Bryce Harper wanted to hit Strickland with his helmet he would have done so

 

no matter how different I held the helmet my throw to the pitcher was right on I hit my target all five times that i charged the mound

 

we went to the ballfield we did exactly what happen..... and I am not an athlete

 

go outside and run to a spot with a helmet and throw no matter how you hold that helmet you can throw it right where you are intended to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

It's dumb to say you're sure he was aiming at his face. But it's even dumber to line up to get beaned by a 98 mph fastball instead of a batting helmet.

A football helmet maybe. But a batting helmet? Obviously you have never played baseball. It's not even a serious choice.

Played for many years.  I know what its like to be hit by a pitch.  Im definitely choosing that over letting someone strike me in the face with anything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...