NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Martinez 2017 Outlook

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Morat said:

Parroting the ESPN blurb: one win last 8 starts 5.09 ERA 1.54 WHIP 44:21 K:BB in 46IP

hachette-stable-mate.gif

Espn can churn out stats like a team's record in certain unis. Why can't they tell us his ERA this yeah with good hair vs. Bad hair. Need some hot takes over here. 

On 8/3/2017 at 0:18 PM, B&F said:

Starting to think he is a little better version of Michael Pineda and nothing more.

Hmm, he seems nothing like Pineda to me.  They have the opposite problem (Pineda sometimes too much in the zone yielding too much hard contact and homers; CMart sometimes losing command and getting done in by wildness and lack of focus)

1 hour ago, WaKe21334 said:

He has to be the most overrated player in baseball. This guy gets the love of being a lower tier ace and his era is over 3.60. Jose Urena has a better era this year. 

really?

most overrated player in baseball?

Come on man....

Dude is a fine lower tier ace....

What did you expect?  He's poised for a career high in K's and a career low in WHIP.  

1 hour ago, Nails101010 said:

really?

most overrated player in baseball?

Come on man....

Dude is a fine lower tier ace....

What did you expect?  He's poised for a career high in K's and a career low in WHIP.  

I may have been a little hyperbole, but I look at his stuff and he should be a top tier ace, not a guy that struggles with consistency that much. 

8 hours ago, WaKe21334 said:

I may have been a little hyperbole, but I look at his stuff and he should be a top tier ace, not a guy that struggles with consistency that much. 

OK

Fair enough.

I would actually agree he's got the stuff to be a legit top 5 guy.  But he's a legit top 15-20 guy, and pretty reliable most of the time.  

Consistency will hopefully come in some up coming seasons, and he can challenge for some hardware, but for now enjoy what he is, which is pretty damn good when pitching is clearly at a premium.

1 hour ago, WaKe21334 said:

Not a pretty inning, but a scoreless first inning. 

Can't complain with that outing.  Can't complain with CMart this year.  10/10 would draft again next year because I think he could get better still.

If anyone saw his last inning, I think that was his season long frustrations all coming out. You're a star in the making Carlos, give us 5-6 more innings of domination and all will be forgiven. Given that he always does that after getting scratched by a couple runs in the first innings, super volatile but I love it. He threw 100 on the dot and struck out Eric Thames, I'd hate to be the Brewers facing him right now.

Edited by austinrbreeden