NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Freddie Freeman 2017 Outlook

BostonCajun

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough to make transition from 1B to 3B. Also, Matt Adams on a hot streak is not a reason to make such a drastic move. Braves aren't doing anything this year, so in grand scheme I guess it really doesn't matter. Freeman is just an awesome dude all around.

11 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Not to burst any bubbles but 3B is so deep in standard leagues this year - that there isn't much value difference between a 1B & 3B. Now if you are in a super deep league, or NL only, then it changes things.

I don't think people are excited because they need the help at 3B, I think they're excited because there's a ton of stud 1B that many of us can't fit into our lineups. 

Sincerely,

Freeman/Votto/Bour/Smoak/Alonso owner

There are a lot of names at 3B although many are complete busts like Bregman, Seager, Frazier, etc...these guys are losing every week for their owners so Freddie getting 3B is huge

31 minutes ago, GrapeJuice said:

I don't think people are excited because they need the help at 3B, I think they're excited because there's a ton of stud 1B that many of us can't fit into our lineups. 

Sincerely,

Freeman/Votto/Bour/Smoak/Alonso owner

Well that is great for you but the one league (16 team dynasty) I own Freddie in I have amassed for reasons that passeth understanding tons of 3B guys as well.  (Donaldson/Bryant/Machado/Gyroko/Matt Davidson and even Brandon Drury rest of year). So if Freddie does gets 3B eligibility I'm gonna have to re-name my team "A Herd at Third" or something.

21 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Is it not shocking to see him taking fielding this soon? Wouldn't they want him to be 100% before doing anything?

No. The fracture itself is most likely 100% healed. At this point he's probably doing a lot of wrist/hand/forearm exercises and low intensity hitting/fielding drills like the one we see in the video. How else ya gonna shake the rust?  

Freddie and Chipper are tight, too.....I wouldn't be shocked if we see pictures of them working together here in the near future..

Edited by Z06vette

This is awesome news...Freeman at 3B means I can drop Kyle "Utterly Worthless" Seager and get production from the 3B slot

What a fantastic teammate. The Braves acquire Adams for next to nothing. Adams gets hot, Freeman decides to completely put the team 1st and play a position unnatural to him (I don't care when he played 3B in his life, he's been a STUD 1B in the MLB). I don't own him, but was really impressed to read what's going on. 

I'm not sure why people are calling him a hero for being willing to move over to 3B. Is the bar really that low? Why wouldn't he move over to third if he's capable of doing so?

Anyway, just being willing to play somewhere else on the field is one thing. Being able to do actually play good defense there is another. I agree it would be pretty asesome if he can pull it off though.

1 hour ago, Red Sox Nation said:

What a fantastic teammate. The Braves acquire Adams for next to nothing. Adams gets hot, Freeman decides to completely put the team 1st and play a position unnatural to him (I don't care when he played 3B in his life, he's been a STUD 1B in the MLB). I don't own him, but was really impressed to read what's going on. 

Totally agree. Freeman is a class act. Great role model for kids.

10 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

I'm not sure why people are calling him a hero for being willing to move over to 3B. Is the bar really that low? Why wouldn't he move over to third if he's capable of doing so?

Anyway, just being willing to play somewhere else on the field is one thing. Being able to do actually play good defense there is another. I agree it would be pretty asesome if he can pull it off though.

He literally saved children from a burning school bus and will soon end world hunger. And on top of that he'll play a different position for the Braves. He's a hero bro.