NBC Sports Edge Forums

Freddie Freeman 2017 Outlook

Freddie Freeman (wrist) is hoping to be activated from the disabled list on July 9 for the beginning of a series versus the Nationals.

Freeman will take live batting practice Wednesday and if that goes well will begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Gwinnett on Saturday. If he does indeed return on July 9, he'll have beat his initial timetable by three weeks. "Saturday game, then be off Sunday, play Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday," Freeman said, "then if I feel I can hit (Max) Scherzer’s heater, or whoever’s, then I’ll say I’m ready to roll and meet the team in D.C." The plan is still for Freeman to come back as a third baseman, a position he hasn't played since rookie ball. It will allow the Braves to keep hot-hitting Matt Adams in the lineup at first base.
Jun 28 - 9:48 AM

Oh boy...

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/24/2017 at 11:21 AM, LJJr said:

So... just a general ROS value question...

if if you were looking to trade freeman right now with the news that he should be back early and gaining 3b eligibility... what is his value?

why do it?  Cause you don't know how the time off and injury will affect him coming back... particularly his power.

who would you consider to be a fair trade for him 1:1 right now?  Do you think it would be smarter to hold till he comes back or has his value shot up with the recent good news enough?

just thought that might be an interesting discussion point right now.

His value is Goldy level and anyone would be a total fool to trade him period because the Goldy owner wouldn't trade him away and anything less you loss the trade.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
4 hours ago, Zig Zag said:

Oh boy...

Looks like it's not even July 9th as the target date, it's July 6th.

WOWWWW!

4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

His value is Goldy level and anyone would be a total fool to trade him period because the Goldy owner wouldn't trade him away and anything less you loss the trade.

don't be silly. He's coming back from a wrist injury, and that's gonna factor into his price.

"Freeman (wrist) was able to take batting practice on the field before Wednesday's game against the Padres, Kevin McAlpin of 680 The Fan reports.

Spin: 

Freeman said he felt good after, giving him confidence that he'll be able to return for next Thursday's series opener against the Nationals. "Obviously that was what I wanted to do and now I think it's going to happen," the corner infielder said when asked about him coming off the DL next week. He'll still wait to see how he does during his rehab assignment before returning to action, but barring any setbacks, it seems like Freeman could be back with the Braves when they head to Washington on July 6."

Talk about unexpected.

46 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Where are you guys with the "don't rush back" and "don't come back until you're 100% healthy" complaints?

Oh right, those only get deployed when Freeman comes back and struggles...

Yeppp

I'm not exactly getting my hopes up for a guy coming back from a wrist injury this quick. At least production in the short term.

Edited by Slatykamora
54 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

Yeppp

I'm not exactly getting my hopes up for a guy coming back from a wrist injury this quick. At least production in the short term.

True,

My counter-argument:

"He's FREDDY FREEMAN"

2 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Where are you guys with the "don't rush back" and "don't come back until you're 100% healthy" complaints?

was this actually a thing? or are you just making up some non-existent sentiment just so you could post this

1 hour ago, rlaalsrb said:

was this actually a thing? or are you just making up some non-existent sentiment just so you could post this

Hindsight professional RW doctors has defiantly been a thing in other threads, yes.. 

9 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Agreed.  He's a gamer and showing his willingness to help his team win (moving to 3B, coming back weeks before his timeline).  However, being a gamer in real life baseball doesn't always equate to fantasy production.  Fantasy expectations should be kept in check at least initially, and perhaps ROS.  

2 hours ago, nolanryan34@att.net said:

Hi everyone I am new and wanted to post a question.

I was just offered this in a dynasty 10 team H2H league, would you accept or decline??

I give:

Corey Seager, Brendan Rodgers, Paxton and Knebel

I get:

Freeman and Wil Myers

I have Segura at SS 

Thanks!!

Welcome to the forum.  Posts like this one should be made in the Bench Coach forum.

2 hours ago, nolanryan34@att.net said:

I tried but it wouldn't let me select that forum.

I think you need to have a minimum of 10 posts before you can post in the Bench Coach forum.

FYI, that is a horrendous trade offer and if it takes more than 3 seconds to know that ... well IDK what else to say

On 6/29/2017 at 11:14 AM, nolanryan34@att.net said:

I tried but it wouldn't let me select that forum.

Yeah what jb_power said.  Just post 7 more quick posts in this thread about Freddie or something since everyone in this thread knows you want to do the right thing and then you can get into that forum.  Though I swear I saw people in there posting with less then 10 posts in the past.  Weird that you can't post there right away but you can here.  Strange are the ways of forums.

Also, welcome aboard.