NBC Sports Edge Forums

Freddie Freeman 2017 Outlook

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JetsAwesome said:

fast comeback - plugging him in - dude is an elite talent.

I plugged him in my weekly league. Happy it paid off. 

I hadn't heard amy bad news about wrist. Should take 2-3 weeks before he starts getting fully comfy at plate again. Here is to hoping he can drive gaps as of now. 

7 hours ago, CFN said:

how in the hell is he back so fast 

unbelievable

jusf four more starts for 3B eligibility ????

9 more starts for us ESPN'ers

I know this is CSB, but i have Votto/Smoak/Alonso already and no 3bman. These starts can't come quick enough.

Guy just rakes. Super under appreciated in some circles. I just added him to my big$ league lineup via trade. Once I can plug him in at 3B my lineup will be a murders row.

What could be overlooked by some next season is that SunTrust is a launching pad.  

He is 1st round worthy.

Edited by B&F
3 hours ago, street sharks said:

I'm definitely targeting this dude in the 1st round next year, my goodness

Not saying Freeman won't be a 1st rounder next (I agree, I think he will be) but how do you target anyone in the first round?

I mean I've been targeting Trout in every single one of my leagues the past 4 seasons and haven't landed him once.

Edited by cs3
3 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Not saying Freeman won't be a 1st rounder next (I agree, I think he will be) but how do you target anyone in the first round?

I mean I've been targeting Trout in every single one of my leagues the past 4 seasons and haven't landed him once.

We have two keepers and most people are keeping someone in the 1st round (at the cost of that pick). So basically the few who don't have a first round keeper get first grabs at the players who aren't keepers, some of which are 1st round quality.

The players drafted this year in the 1st round that weren't kept were Mookie (1), Miggy (2), Rizzo (3), Encarnacion lol (4), Trea (8 - me), Votto (10). Thor, Kluber. Scherzer, Sale, Madbum, Marte were taken in the next round. 

I was able to trade for Mookie a couple weeks ago and won't be keeping him, so that's a player that will for sure go before Freeman next year. Just hoping the planets align and Freeman will be available when it's my turn to pick.