NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Freddie Freeman 2017 Outlook

BostonCajun

Man I was just rosterbating to him being on all my redraft teams this season and came across this, compared against other big top 10 preseason bats who are also having good seasons:

He has hit as many homers as Harper, and more than any other top 10 bats.

He is only behind Altuve and Trout for steals.

He is only behind Harper in AVG.

He is only behind Harper in OPS.

He is only behind Harper in Runs.

And he is outside the freakin top 50 in RBIs. LOL. goddamn braves.

All in all, I concluded that this dude should be a perennial top 10 pick in redrafts every season and that Harper is a fking beast this season.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, rlaalsrb said:

Man I was just rosterbating to him being on all my redraft teams this season and came across this, compared against other big top 10 preseason bats who are also having good seasons:

He has hit as many homers as Harper, and more than any other top 10 bats.

He is only behind Altuve and Trout for steals.

He is only behind Harper in AVG.

He is only behind Harper in OPS.

He is only behind Harper in Runs.

And he is outside the freakin top 50 in RBIs. LOL. goddamn braves.

All in all, I concluded that this dude should be a perennial top 10 pick in redrafts every season and that Harper is a fking beast this season.

The only real negative with Freeman is his K%. He was at 24.7% last season but has dropped to 15.8% so far this season. If he can stay at 20% or less for the rest of the season, I don't see him hitting any less than .315. But for the love of God, can he please hit with more runners on base?!

5 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

The only real negative with Freeman is his K%. He was at 24.7% last season but has dropped to 15.8% so far this season. If he can stay at 20% or less for the rest of the season, I don't see him hitting any less than .315. But for the love of God, can he please hit with more runners on base?!

I wouldn't worry about the RBI totals just yet. Last year he had 3 HR and 7 RBI at this point of the season.

At the end of May, he had 8 HR and 15 RBI on the season. FIFTEEN.

How many RBI did he finish the entire season with? 91. That's still a fairly respectable amount of RBIs.

48 minutes ago, CFN said:

I wouldn't worry about the RBI totals just yet. Last year he had 3 HR and 7 RBI at this point of the season.

At the end of May, he had 8 HR and 15 RBI on the season. FIFTEEN.

How many RBI did he finish the entire season with? 91. That's still a fairly respectable amount of RBIs.

15 after two months is just insanely ridiculous. 

On 5/3/2017 at 2:02 AM, tootallball said:

Can he keep stealing bases at this rate? 

40/20 is in reach if he does. New ballpark seems perfect for him.

Am loving that he has taken to running but, realistically, I can't imagine him having any more than 10 bags.  Even if he does exceed 10, definitely wouldn't be anywhere near 20.  I'd love to be wrong though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2017 at 1:02 AM, tootallball said:

Can he keep stealing bases at this rate? 

40/20 is in reach if he does. New ballpark seems perfect for him.

The new ballpark is perfect for him.  It was practically designed for him.

Freddie very likely will not steal 20 bases though, unfortunately.  I dont see the Braves allowing him to run that much.  10-12 SB's is most likely the absolute most he will ever get in a season if I had to guess.

5 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

The new ballpark is perfect for him.  It was practically designed for him.

Freddie very likely will not steal 20 bases though, unfortunately.  I dont see the Braves allowing him to run that much.  10-12 SB's is most likely the absolute most he will ever get in a season if I had to guess.

Wow.. maybe I'm wrong.  They literally just let him run with two outs and Kemp up to bat.

Edited by Zig Zag

3 hours ago, Zig Zag said:

Wow.. maybe I'm wrong.  They literally just let him run with two outs and Kemp up to bat.

Caught stealing 'cause he over-slid. Got to the base in plenty of time. The SB rate is exciting.