NBC Sports Edge Forums

Freddie Freeman 2017 Outlook

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some bones in the hand/wrist area are so small, and if there is lots of swelling, you won't see a break, such as a hairline fracture. Inconclusive tells me there is swelling and need a more detailed look of the hand/wrist area. Reason for a MRI.  Doctor could also request a MRI just to be safe than sorry, and there is no break, just bruised.

Edited by Z06vette
5 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

Some bones in the hand/wrist area are so small, and if there is lots of swelling, you won't see a break, such as a hairline fracture. Inconclusive tells me there is swelling and need a more detailed look of the hand/wrist area. Reason for a MRI.  Doctor could also request a MRI just to be safe than sorry, and there is no break, just bruised.

love the detailed analysis + optimistic attitude lol

O'Brien (beat writer) believes it may involve the pisiform bone directly above wrist - which is tiny and would be difficult to detect a fracture without a CT/MRI

3 hours ago, rrrich46 said:

Fellas have a beer and watch MLB Network. Ain't $hit we can do but wait and hope for the best.

To make matters worse there is no Heidi Watney on MLB tonight now I am really depressed.

18 minutes ago, eaglefly1 said:

To make matters worse there is no Heidi Watney on MLB tonight now I am really depressed.

Kelly Nash is gorgeous. Nothing worse about her. Hubba bubba! Get well soon Freddie!

3 minutes ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Sick to my stomach. Heyman reporting on Twitter that Braves are exploring outside options for 1B, as Freeman is expected to miss a significant amount of time.

Definitely not a great thing to hear but it honestly sounds like he is re-hashing the same news that we have already heard.   Obviously I'm still not confident in good news but I am going to hold my breath until we get an actual update.