NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Freddie Freeman 2017 Outlook

BostonCajun

20 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Get ready for some fireworks:

One Brave veteran told a friend "we'll have a fight today" after Loup broke Freddie Freeman's hand

The Jays have hit them 7 times this series and have been a bunch of cry babies.  I see why the AL hates them.  

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toronto is a punk a** team no doubt. Plus the Jays get zero benefit. It might be even be different if it was the Mets or the Nats or something.

But this was totally unintentional. Both pitcher and manager need to get tossed instantly if they retaliate.

5 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

What Tedstriker said....Lot more to this than Freddie being hit. Also, after the injury Bautista does a bat flip after hitting a home run like he just won the World Series for the Jays.

Odor%20early

Bautista must have forgotten that moment when he lost the right to bat flip.

1 minute ago, absknicks said:

Doesn't have to be intentional to warrant retaliation. Sometimes you need to hit a guy to make the point "you can come inside, but you better be more careful because you just broke our best player's hand." 

It's funny how getting hit by a baseball is like someone getting a gun out and shooting you these day. It's baseball. Guys get hit, guys get injured.

The retaliation in this case would be 100% intentional against a 100% UNintentional pitch that Freeman check swung at. Without an instant toss, the Jays then have to retaliate. on and on an on.

Hey, I'm all for plunking a guy when it's called for. But doing it over sour grapes that it was Freeman would be a real punk move on the Braves part.

Just now, Fiveohnine said:

It's funny how getting hit by a baseball is like someone getting a gun out and shooting you these day. It's baseball. Guys get hit, guys get injured.

The retaliation in this case would be 100% intentional against a 100% UNintentional pitch that Freeman check swung at. Without an instant toss, the Jays then have to retaliate. on and on an on.

Hey, I'm all for plunking a guy when it's called for. But doing it over sour grapes that it was Freeman would be a real punk move on the Braves part.

Again, intent is not always the issue. This has been happening forever. Rays retaliated against the Yankees when CC inadvertently broke Carlos Pena's hand a few years back and it was universally understood why they did so. Intent is not always the sole consideration, especially when you lose a big-time player as a result of a HBP. 

13 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

8-10 weeks theyre saying

David O'Brien‏Verified account @DOBrienAJC  37m37 minutes ago
I can't see any way he's not DL'd. But real fear is that it's fractured. In which case he might miss 3 months.

7 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

How do the Braves handle his absence either short term or then long term? Looking at the roster they really have no great options to plug in and don't know much about the minor league ones.  

Trade Big Sexy for Duda.

So whats everyones plans if significant injury?

I'm not going to waste my time on the team I have anymore. You can't replace top 5 production. Besides, he was the heart & soul of my team and I'm sure he was of yours. Not even fun anymore.  I have a co-manager and will just let him take over.

What you all going to do?

1 minute ago, terminator10 said:

I'm not going to waste my time on the team I have anymore. You can't replace top 5 production. Besides, he was the heart & soul of my team and I'm sure he was of yours. Not even fun anymore.  I have a co-manager and will just let him take over.

What we are suppose  to do, next man up, and continue to dominate .

6 minutes ago, terminator10 said:

That's very millenial of you.;). I am hoping to either replace with Smoak, Morales or Joseph. Desmond is another option once he gets 1B eligibilty.

Whatever you guys do you. But I've never seen anyone lose a Top 5 player and accomplish anything significant for the rest of the year. If you have other teams, your time would be more wisely spent there.

Feel terrible for Brave fans too

Edited by terminator10

9 minutes ago, terminator10 said:

Whatever you guys do you. But I've never seen anyone lose a Top 5 player and accomplish anything significant for the rest of the year. If you have other teams, your time would be more wisely spent there.

Feel terrible for Brave fans too

I drafted Carlos Gomez two years ago I believe it was in the first round after he had 2 awesome years back to back... that year was the beginning of his downfall and he sucked that year. I still won my league. Losing one player or missing out on a player you thought would be great should not be enough for you to quit your entire year no matter how good the player. You replace him and keep going... people get hurt in baseball and sports it happens and to just give up is pathetic especially in May.