NBC Sports EDGE Forums

PJ Tucker 2016-2017 Outlook

fawkes_mulder

10 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

No thread for this guy...surprising.

7.5 pts, 7.3 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 0.5 3s, 2.0 steals in the last 15 days..could offer some sneaky upside in some punt builds.

Yep. Just to add: along with his strong steals and boards (for his position), he doesn't hurt you anywhere; he doesn't shoot enough to hurt FG%, his FT% is fine, and his TOs are low this year.

To top things off, he’s been prone to get consistent, decent minutes due to his defense, even as a reserve. Throughout the middle of the first half of the season, his minutes climbed high; he averaged ~31mpg through these 25-30 games, and he had several 40+ minute games to boot. Unfortunately, since this peak, recently his minutes have been declining, and I wonder if the oft-mentioned “youth movement” is finally starting to pick up.

He’s involved in trade rumors, and I wonder how his production would be affected if they came to fruition. I’d like to think only a contender would want him, and thus they’d want to utilize him - but not sure for how many minutes. Perhaps a low-to-high 20s role off the bench. Pure speculation though.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, Roto's been saying "MUST OWN" for the last few blurbs now (before that, they were...ehhh, less vivacious with their praise).

Seven steals is nice though, and he doesn't really kill you anywhere (while helping in a few cats), so might as well just grab him.  Those minutes totals are gold.  A trade would sink him though.

10 hours ago, Kobewankenobi said:

Ther are rumors that the wolves are interested. Wouldn't mind him on that team side they can move Wiggins to the shooting guard and start tucker as the SF.

(Lavine is out for the season and Shabazz would probably get traded to the Suns)

Agree it would be decent for PJ situationally, but that would be maybe a worse shooting overall team than even Chicago lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived