NBC Sports Edge Forums

PJ Tucker 2016-2017 Outlook

fawkes_mulder

I'm holding for now. Defensively, he's stronger than Carroll - and even in terms of overall stats this year, he's markedly better.

I don't watch enough Raptors games to have an opinion on whether he could usurp Carroll from his starting position. But, even in a bench role, if he can regularly get minutes in the high-twenties - maybe even mid-twenties - then he could be worth keeping for many.

3 hours ago, hoop said:

I'm holding for now. Defensively, he's stronger than Carroll - and even in terms of overall stats this year, he's markedly better.

I don't watch enough Raptors games to have an opinion on whether he could usurp Carroll from his starting position. But, even in a bench role, if he can regularly get minutes in the high-twenties - maybe even mid-twenties - then he could be worth keeping for many.

If he can knock down corner 3s with any kind of consistency and keep playing his trademark defense, I have no doubt in my mind he'll start playing more minutes than Carroll, whether he starts or not.

3 hours ago, smeeze said:

If he can knock down corner 3s with any kind of consistency and keep playing his trademark defense, I have no doubt in my mind he'll start playing more minutes than Carroll, whether he starts or not.

Thanks for the reassurance! Agreed, Carroll hasn't been the same since his injury. Loving Tucker's consistent hard-nosed defense

• 4 weeks later...

Past 5 games, he's been ranked #33 (turnovers off) and #45 (turnovers on). 

With the news that Carol is possibly starting today, do you think that affects his value moving forward? 

Knowing Carol is a walking injury machine, I'm assuming Tucker should have some value in that 2nd unit. I also see him playing with the starters down the stretch for his defensive tenacity. Love this guy!

4 hours ago, MartyMcfly said:

Past 5 games, he's been ranked #33 (turnovers off) and #45 (turnovers on). 

With the news that Carol is possibly starting today, do you think that affects his value moving forward? 

Knowing Carol is a walking injury machine, I'm assuming Tucker should have some value in that 2nd unit. I also see him playing with the starters down the stretch for his defensive tenacity. Love this guy!

Yes. He'll still get mid 20s and probably close game but he's a cut.

Archived