NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Garrett Richards 2017 Outlook

brockpapersizer

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just the stats. Besides his velocity he didn't look very good when I saw him. Whether or not he was working on stuff, his command still looked poor. I don't think that magically changes during the regular season. 

Edited by evillaw4eva

Like everyone else said, if you're not starting him against Oakland, decently early in the week still, then streaming would be better. I'm cautiously optimistic, it's not like there's a huge risk of a blowup against this lineup.

Wrong thread. My Bad.

To chime in anyway, the biggest thing to look for for Richards tonight is his health. I'm eager to see how that elbow looks in real game action.

Edited by CFN
wrong thread

According to Angels beat reporter, Jeff Fletcher: 

"Well, Garrett Richards is coming out of the game with a trainer. He's motioning toward his elbow/tricep, but seems to be in OK spirits."

"OK spirits"? 

If that is all she wrote for Richards, I wished he could have gotten one more out to be in line for the win. 

15 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I'm not very optimistic about this.  He didn't have the UCL surgery, and that connects the upper arm to the lower arm through the elbow.  He was pointing at the inside of his lower bicep...not good 

Me neither. "Nothing serious" we'll see about that. 

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

Comes out throwing 98. Maybe he should take a little off until going full force. 

One of his final pitches was a 90mph fastball that was fouled off.  If he dropped 8 mph in a 4 inning span, that's a red flag

• tonycpsu changed the title to Garrett Richards 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic