NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Wily Mo Pena 2017 Outlook

fawkes_mulder

33 minutes ago, parrothead said:

Did he play anywhere last year?  I see Japanese stats up through 2015

seems like not

i've stopped hoping he's gonna figure out how to hit better, he is what he is at this point. large man hit ball far. but i hope he gets the chance to hit a few more yet 

i've been calling myself wily mo on the baseball internets since back when wily mo was still a yankees prospect, even though i'm a red sox fan. that's how much i like him

not even because of his baseball ability, really, although i do like that too. i just think his name is really funny. pronouncing it wily like the coyote, instead of willy, which is a dumb way to pronounce it

why-lee mo pain-ya

anyway. long story

still kind of mad that that major league contract the yankees signed him to forced him up to the majors when he was like 21, way before he was ready. possible he could have turned out different if not for that

15 minutes ago, wily mo said:

seems like not

i've stopped hoping he's gonna figure out how to hit better, he is what he is at this point. large man hit ball far. but i hope he gets the chance to hit a few more yet 

i've been calling myself wily mo on the baseball internets since back when wily mo was still a yankees prospect, even though i'm a red sox fan. that's how much i like him

not even because of his baseball ability, really, although i do like that too. i just think his name is really funny. pronouncing it wily like the coyote, instead of willy, which is a dumb way to pronounce it

why-lee mo pain-ya

anyway. long story

still kind of mad that that major league contract the yankees signed him to forced him up to the majors when he was like 21, way before he was ready. possible he could have turned out different if not for that

Hmmm...announcers pronounced his name like Willy. 

2 minutes ago, wily mo said:

no, no, his actual name is pronounced willy. i pronounce it wily because it pleases me to do so

I always pronounced Wily Peralta like the coyote. I don't want anyone to correct me either. He's the coyote.

So I hear ya.

Just now, fawkes_mulder said:

I always pronounced Wily Peralta like the coyote. I don't want anyone to correct me either. He's the coyote.

So I hear ya.

"peralta" and "coyote" even have the same number of syllables! so, clearly

• 1 month later...

Archived