NBC Sports Edge Forums

Noah Syndergaard 2017 Outlook

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, radioflyer9 said:

Any news on when he might return? Or even if he will return..

Throwing at 100ft needs to progress to 150ft before advancing to the mound.

4 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

He won't be back this year, he is not even throwing off a mound yet

Yeah, most likely. Wish the Mets organization would announce this soon so I can safely drop him. I don't need him but don't want another team in my league to have him just in case he's back for H2H playoffs.

2 hours ago, pjoner said:

he was dropped in my league, I was considering placing a claim on him to DL him and hope he returns for my H2H playoffs, worth a shot?

Bench/ Coach but yep....definitely if you have the DL room...

23 minutes ago, sauceman11 said:

Any update on SYN? I'm beginning to think we may see him soon...maybe a sim game later this week, 2-3 rehab starts, so if all goes well with those possibly week of Sept. 4 or Sept. 11 back w/NYM

saw that he threw off mound and felt real good (20 pitches i think)

thor is chomping at the bit to get back out there so thats a good sign

the quote was something like "im bored"

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/syndergaard-making-progress-but-no-rehab-starts-planned-yet/248426028

Edited by colepenhagen
11 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

saw that he threw off mound and felt real good (20 pitches i think)

thor is chomping at the bit to get back out there so thats a good sign

the quote was something like "im bored"

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/syndergaard-making-progress-but-no-rehab-starts-planned-yet/248426028

I imagine a demigod would get bored sitting around watching puny mortals only attempt what he can do at the pinnacle of his potential.

Noah Syndergaard has been out since very early in the season after he partially tore his lat muscle, but he’s set to begin a rehab assignment with a start for the Gulf Coast League Mets on Saturday. Arguably the team’s ace when healthy, Syndergaard had a 3.29 ERA and 1.12 FIP in five starts to begin this season with 10.54 strikeouts and an astonishingly-low 0.66 walks per nine innings.

If all goes smoothly with his rehab assignment, Syndergaard should have enough time to make it back to the major league mound. If so, he’d follow Matt Harvey, who himself is starting on Saturday in Houston, in making it back from a long stint on the disabled list. Syndergaard threw a 25-pitch bullpen today and is scheduled to pitch one inning in his first rehab start, much like Harvey did in his.

As the Mets head into the offseason, it would be nice to see Syndergaard finish the year looking like the healthiest version of himself. In a year that saw the Mets’ starting rotation almost entirely unhealthy and ineffective aside from Jacob deGrom, there aren’t many pitchers who can reasonably be relied upon to be healthy and good for the entirety of the 2018 season at the moment.

I'm guessing he'll be back in 2 weeks.

On 8/29/2017 at 7:09 AM, Macho Man Randy Savage said:

Does Thor make a return for Fantasy Playoffs (as a SP or RP)?

Whoever wrote the blurb on him that I read on CBS fantasy believes he'll pitch in relief but I I think he's basing that solely on the fact he's going to pitch only one inning in a rehab appearance. 

Edited by MrBrett
  • 2 weeks later...