NBC Sports EDGE Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

elite

Just now, smeeze said:

Can we please just wait for the MRI results before we go overboard with the doom and gloom stuff?

I'm speaking purely from a Cardinals team perspective. Frankly at this point, I'm less concerned about fantasy and more concerned about how the whole team looked and how they seemingly just gave up and were completely deflated once DJ went out. The Lions scored FOUR straight TDs after DJ went down. Humphries has been very good. DJ could make up for his loss, but Williams and Ellington are not yard creators. Funny most people calling in this morning are less concerned about DJ and more concerned about how bad Palmer looked, the lack of a backup/replacement QB, Humphries injury and the defense. Not a good morning in the desert.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely would not mind if David Johnson sits out a week or two to recover rather than toss him out there with an ailing arm -next week is definitely a game(vs Colts) that the cardinals can afford to rest up Johnson. Sucks that we miss out on such an easy matchup, but rather avoid the risk and have high-end RB1 production the rest of the way. 

1 minute ago, jdegs7 said:

Definitely would not mind if David Johnson sits out a week or two to recover rather than toss him out there with an ailing arm -next week is definitely a game(vs Colts) that the cardinals can afford to rest up Johnson. Sucks that we miss out on such an easy matchup, but rather avoid the risk and have high-end RB1 production the rest of the way. 

If he's good he's good 

3 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

If he's good he's good 

If it took him out of the game and warrants an MRI on top of initial evaluations, then its clear he needs at least some rest and treatment. A lot of his value comes from his receiving capabilities, not just running, so a healthy wrist is essential obviously. Just saying that it wouldn't be the most foolish idea to let your stud bellcow running back rest a week against a pathetic one-dimensional team in order to avoid reaggravation and boost long-term prospects for the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I'm not sure who this guy is but I like hoe he thinks!

We'll see what the MRI says, but unless his wrist is completely broken, I'm not really sure why David Johnson should miss any time.

Why does the guy think wrist strength/mobility is meaningless? Even if no broken bones there's a lot of damage that can be done that would severely inhibit a RB's ability to play well

4 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I'm not sure who this guy is but I like hoe he thinks!

We'll see what the MRI says, but unless his wrist is completely broken, I'm not really sure why David Johnson should miss any time.

Guy is a moron.  What about a torn ligament in the wrist?

2 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Why does the guy think wrist strength/mobility is meaningless? Even if no broken bones there's a lot of damage that can be done that would severely inhibit a RB's ability to play well

You mean like Arians perpetually mismanaging player injuries, putting DJ back in the game with that wrist injury, and DJ proceeding to fumble on his very next carry because he clearly could not grip the ball properly due to said wrist injury?

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

After years of playing this game, I learned that speculating will only drive you crazy and you will hit F5 every 2 mins.  Take a step back and wait for some real news.  Nothing else really matters at this point.

I'm glad I am not the only one hitting refresh every 10 minutes. 

Just now, RustyMiller said:

His twitter is basically if anyone else here had a twitter ranting on things.

Half of it is pretty much wrong.

Pretty sure 95% of people are smarter than him here.  "Hey, Allen Robinson, if nothing is broken, should be fine."   Same thing with DJ.  Just because no broken bones, doesn't mean there isn't another injury.

There were reports on Sunday night that Johnson will miss multiple weeks as a result of the injury, although a source told PFT that there was no such determination made yet. General Manager Steve Keim said the same during a Monday morning appearance on “Doug & Wolf” on 98.7 FM in Arizona.

“He’s going to get an MRI this morning and I’ll find out a little bit more,” Keim said. “But there was no conclusions based off last night’s information.”

People are freaking out over nothing right now.

This is why, for a couple of days, I generally try to avoid forum threads of players that had a negatively controversial week.

3 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

People are freaking out over nothing right now.

This is why, for a couple of days, I generally try to avoid forum threads of players that had a negatively controversial week.

I try to avoid almost every thread.

Player has a good game: He is going to finish top 3 in his position. The next coming of Barry Sanders. 

Player has bad game: Bust.

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic