Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to join the parade of guesses about Johnson's injury as I know nothing about it.  But from what I saw of this game, Johnson did not have that magic burst or elusiveness in tight spaces he had the last season and a half.  Maybe it was Lions' defense stepping up, maybe it was poor line play, but Johnson did not look like the fantasy cheat code we've come to expect from this guy.  He still did his thing in the passing game, of course.  But running the ball?  I'm not optimistic even if he's healthy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, he didn't look great before the injury but still 13+ in  PPR league at time of injury.  He would've ended up with 20 points minimum in catch-up mode so I'm not going to worry too much about his running ability after 1 game.  That said, I made backup plans to bolster my RB's by trading for the Rodgers/Martin combo.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

 

No.  Let's wait for an actual source.

 

Ok good. I'm ok with him missing a couple of weeks to come back 100%, but the words "a few months" scare me.

Edited by afl5013
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joeklebba said:

Don't like that this is dragging out. Worried the next news we'll hear is that he's on the designated to return list.

It dragging out means nothing. They said they'll test him in the morning. That could be 11 AM.

Edited by Gohawks
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gohawks said:

It dragging out means nothing. They said they'll test him in the morning. That could be 11 AM.

 

 

Could be true. Although their GM did say that MRI was going on as we speak and that was about 2 hours ago. As someone who just had a MRI, you can complete the MRI and get the results within like 45 minutes. Most likely the timing of everything means nothing though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

I'm not going to join the parade of guesses about Johnson's injury as I know nothing about it.  But from what I saw of this game, Johnson did not have that magic burst or elusiveness in tight spaces he had the last season and a half.  Maybe it was Lions' defense stepping up, maybe it was poor line play, but Johnson did not look like the fantasy cheat code we've come to expect from this guy.  He still did his thing in the passing game, of course.  But running the ball?  I'm not optimistic even if he's healthy.

He had a 4.2 YPC last year. Pretty bad. His offensive line is pathetic. Hes a great running back but his bread is buttered in the receiving game. Hes not Ezekiel Elliot or Leveon Bell as a runner. Nothing wrong with that though. Hes still great.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

 

Ok good. I'm ok with him missing a couple of weeks to come back 100%, but the words "a few months" scare me.

it's only a few months if it's a grade 3 which means complete tears in one or more ligament.

There are three levels of sprain:

  • Mild (Grade I) — The wrist's ligaments are stretched or have microscopic tears.

  • Moderate (Grade II) — The damage is more severe, and some wrist ligaments may be partially torn.

  • Severe sprains (Grade III) — One or more wrist ligaments are entirely torn or torn away from where they normally attach to bones

Edited by vthokie3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

it's only a few months if it's a grade 3 which means complete tears in one or more ligament.

There are three levels of sprain:

  • Mild (Grade I) — The wrist's ligaments are stretched or have microscopic tears.

  • Moderate (Grade II) — The damage is more severe, and some wrist ligaments may be partially torn.

  • Severe sprains (Grade III) — One or more wrist ligaments are entirely torn or torn away from where they normally attach to bones

Correct and as of now it seems like it's a 33% chance of being each one. In other words an absolute crap shoot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...