NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, CooL said:

Waivers are due on Monday night?  What platform has that?

LOL.  Can't tell if you're being serious but I think you are.  If that's the case, these multi-millionaires shouldn't even be playing this game because they're all going to end up with CTE.

I know if I sent out a trade offer to the DJ owner, he wouldn't respond to it until after the news breaks.  Which if he is out 12 weeks, then he wouldn't even be worth an RB6.

Yahoo has continuous waivers, so every night.

1 minute ago, CooL said:

I guess this evens the playing field in those leagues where some owner drafting at #1 got DJ and Zeke in round 2.

Except it doesn't in those leagues where they didn't. FF is a crapshoot at the end of the day in many ways. Just gotta laugh sometimes at the happenstance of randomness in our hobby. 

4 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I'm not sure who this guy is but I like hoe he thinks!

We'll see what the MRI says, but unless his wrist is completely broken, I'm not really sure why David Johnson should miss any time.

I'm thinking of creating an account just to badger this moron on social media.

Edited by Sternes
1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

Except it doesn't in those leagues where they didn't. FF is a crapshoot at the end of the day in many ways. Just gotta laugh sometimes at the happenstance of randomness in our hobby. 

bTN586L.gif

30 minutes ago, Kareem of the Crop said:

Want to hear something even more disheartening? 

This is a real human being who is in pain, needs surgery, and will have to go through rehabilitation.  :(

......that it is September 11th?

3 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

What is a fair offer for DJ, assuming it's a 12 week timeline, in standard redraft?

A 5th rounder like Peterson or Abdullah feels too much.  A 7th rounder like Perkins or Forte feels too low.

Why bother?  Would you trust him going into the playoffs? I couldn't imagine starting him, and I'd assume they'd ease him back rather than a full workload. If the team falls apart, they might shut him down as he is coming back and save it for next year.  That is based on your 12 weeks.  I might give up one of those guys if it was an 8 week timeline, as you would have an idea if he was viable for the playoffs before the playoffs hit.

5 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I'm not sure who this guy is but I like hoe he thinks!

We'll see what the MRI says, but unless his wrist is completely broken, I'm not really sure why David Johnson should miss any time.

He's a writer from Rotojizz, which means he knows nothing.

33 minutes ago, Kareem of the Crop said:

Just thought it was kinda funny that I haven't come past a single post yet that just said "Get well soon DJ" or "Best wishes for a speedy recovery" or anything like that.  Seems like a few years ago there would have been multiple people sharing such sentiments, but players have been so completely commoditized in our minds at this point that we rarely even stop to acknowledge their humanity anymore before we go on whinging about the devastating effect their real life injury has on our fake football team.

lol

If Johnson is out 12 weeks I wouldn't expect him to play again this season.  The likelihood (given how bad they looked yesterday) is that, by week 14, Arizona will be dead and buried.  At that point, why risk the guy who is their future by putting him out there for a few dead rubbers?

This thread is on timeout for a bit.  There are far too many Assistant Coach questions and Cool stories in here.  None of this belongs in this forum.  So with that said, we will take a little break and resume a bit later...hopefully with some new info that is relevant to the discussion of David Johnson 2017 Outlook and less of the above.  Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Just saw a blurb on Espn about surgery

Was this after you heard about the big storm thingy in Florida?

Edited by jstep13

Unless it is season injury, no way I could let myself drop him only to have some other team in the league pick him up and use him for the last part of the season. Unfortunately looks like he will have to ride the bench ROS unless it is a season ending diagnosis.

5 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Unless it is season injury, no way I could let myself drop him only to have some other team in the league pick him up and use him for the last part of the season. Unfortunately looks like he will have to ride the bench ROS unless it is a season ending diagnosis.

I'd say that if they have him at IR- for return... you'd just have to see how close the Cards are to the playoffs... once they are out of contention... they'd probably shut him down for the year.

His return would rely on the playoff chances.

Just my thoughts

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic