NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, dabeesta17 said:

That is the key sir. I'm stashing in IR; and yes, you have to swallow that bench spot and leave him there with no IR spot. But the Cardinals are going to be putrid on offense now. DJ is the only thing that saved Palmer from complete embarrassment last year. If they are 6-6 and have a shot, he'll probably come back. They really need to win this week. Otherwise I don't see the point of them even bringing him back this year unless he just openly lobbies to come back to a 3-9 team.

Holding out hope that Arizona goes out and gets a Forte/AP type back.  They had an awful week 1, as did many teams, but I think they can play .500 with that DEF.  Fingers crossed they keep it interesting and DJ comes back on the short side of that timeline, week 10

Edited by ragrag
1 minute ago, dabeesta17 said:

Man you can't just flat-out drop DJ with a chance to be back in Week 9 right? I'm preparing for 12 weeks regardless. This injury is actually pretty enlightening. I didn't realize so many leagues lacked IR slots.

Week 10 is the earliest he can return I believe. This is a pretty impossible situation..if he returns week 10 then he's worth the hold but if he's closer to the 3 month recovery period its not worth the hold. Especially since the Cardinals are likely to get crushed this season, gotta believe they won't be pushing too hard to speed up his return.

2 minutes ago, dabeesta17 said:

Man you can't just flat-out drop DJ with a chance to be back in Week 9 right? I'm preparing for 12 weeks regardless. This injury is actually pretty enlightening. I didn't realize so many leagues lacked IR slots.

Correct. Week 9 is a longshot but you never know...

I think you have to evaluate your playoff chances. If your on the outside looking in right now, might be better to drop and hope some fliers save your season. Personally I might just hold him cause my season is probably over and I'd rather have DJ for a few weeks at the end, then be praying that Javorius Allen becomes the next DJ.

12 hours ago, boltup15 said:

Is Le'Veon Bell still more injury prone than David Johnson?

I think it's time people realize they can't predict injury...

Only 5 players in the past 27 seasons had Rushing Att >= 290 and Receptions >= 75.  Of those 5, only 1 played 16 games and didn’t regress.  That player is:

LaDanian Tomlinson

When a player is getting tackled 400 times in one season, it’s hard to expect their body to recover, even with a full offseason of rest (or rehab in DJ’s case).

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Cardinals gonna waste Carson Palmers last year as QB if they dont go get someone.

Probably Matt Jones.

Palmer is going to waste Palmer's last season. He's been done for a while now. No way Arians tolerates a Matt Jones fumbler, though I do like his talent beyond the butterfingers. John Brown and Fitzgerald are the Cardinals only hope. But since Palmer is their QB, I'm already conceding a bad season. They REALLY need to win against the JV Colts this week. PLEASE.

For those speculating as to Week 9 vs. Week 10, my understanding of the rule is that you must spend six weeks on IR before you may practice and then you have two weeks for IR for practicing before you can play.  As Johnson played Week 1, his six weeks end after Week 7.  So he can practice after Week 7.  Add two more weeks to that and he's eligible to play after Week 9.  Thus he may play the first game after Week 9, Week 10.

Hold.  Then buy shares.  Many owners will looking to either drop or sell cheap.  DJ has the possible of being out 8 weeks.  Many people were drafting Elliot in the second round expecting him to sit out 6 weeks.  If DJ doesn't come back then oh well.....in order to win you MUST take risks

2 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

So are we holding or dropping?

Hold for sure. All you have to do is hobble your way to the playoffs and then hope DJ comes back... now begins the path to glorious redemption lol

Just now, Gohawks said:

Yes. Why would I care about earlier in his career? His back killed him his final year in Seattle and he was having a ton of back problems even be for that. That injury can come back any time.

Because injury prone is used to designate a prolonged injury history. Lynch does not have a lengthy injury history that has translated to missing football games, ergo he is not injury prone.

19 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

So are we holding or dropping?

As a team that owns both Bell and Zeke, I am salivating at the chance to pick up DJ immediately if someone drops him. Hope that answers your question. Again, if you drafted bad and need immediate help, then you will have to do what you have to do. I would definitely talk to your commish and leaguemates about an IR spot in 2018.

9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Yes. Why would I care about earlier in his career? His back killed him his final year in Seattle and he was having a ton of back problems even be for that. That injury can come back any time.

You could say  the same thing about Hyde, how many games has he missed in a much  shorter career than Lynch

24 minutes ago, Chase4181 said:

Hold.  Then buy shares.  Many owners will looking to either drop or sell cheap.  DJ has the possible of being out 8 weeks.  Many people were drafting Elliot in the second round expecting him to sit out 6 weeks.  If DJ doesn't come back then oh well.....in order to win you MUST take risks

Or is he risk dropping and hoping Cohen gives you that advantage while DJ is out?

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic