David Johnson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, burninglegs said:

Yes.

Haha yeah I think it's that simple too.

Scary really. If I don't get him which I probably won't. He could go to an already stacked team.

Going to be pretty much impossible to stop a team like that.

2 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Scary really. If I don't get him which I probably won't. He could go to an already stacked team.

As a end of bench, last stash RB, I'd rather have DJ than some RB5 taking up that spot. If things are closer to 8 weeks than 12 weeks, you still get him for a strong push for the playoffs (assuming you are still in contention). If he doesn't make it back, all you lost is one roster bench spot. 

4 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

It's fantasy football. The guy with Bell and DJ will lose in the playoffs to the guy with 2 RB3s as his staters, no WR1, and he doesn't know who Jordan Howard is.

Just now, Kerbs said:

I wouldn't say that.  Not gonna comment how I received my  information but my doubt is a strong reason.  

I understand how this looks to an outside source that I am completely unwarranted in my doubt but I'm going with my information and gut. 

This forum is for sharing information not sitting there spewing nonsense and acting like you have something that no one else does. Unless you share your "source" then your doubt is irrelevant. As is everyones else. The coach said they hope he is back 11-15 weeks from now. Obviously 15 weeks sort of kills the season but 11 weeks is right in line for a playoff push. Apparently your magical sources know better though...

1 minute ago, Kerbs said:

I shared my information that I made a trade regarding a player in a thread.  When he doesn't play this season remember what I said.  If I'm wrong I'm wrong.  It's all good if you don't believe me, like i said I can understand why you wouldn't.  

Have a nice day.

It's not about believing you. Everyone in this thread is trying to figure out an accurate timeline for a player they drafted 1st or 2nd and wondering if they should hold, drop or trade. Then here you come in acting like you have something on him no one else does but refuse to share the information. The entire point of this forum is to share information not act like you are cool enough to have an inside source that apparently is better than the coach, twitter, and etc. It's extremely annoying.

This guy acting like he had a inside source, then comes to Rotoworld forum to share? Lol.  Get out of here....  nobody knows when he will be back.  Could be week 10 or week 13 or never.  I personally "believe" he will be back week 10.  That is based on nothing but a gut feeling

I get that "sources" from people on internet forums are 97% of the time bull, but I used to have some really tight inside sources for the Nets and the NBA and I would occasionally share some vague stuff on forums, but I most certainly would never give up my source or say things too specific that could get those people in hot water. I respected that I was told never to say who I heard from and always be vague if I told anyone info, hence I kept my sources for years and no amount of name calling and ridicule I received on teh interwebz ever tempted me to say more than allowed. 

Chances are this guy is full of it, or his "sources" are some friend whose a ticket agent for the team, or an intern at a sports media outlet. But the point is, you never know. 

4 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Not sure how deep your benches are, but no way would I stash someone that long and try to navigate all the bye weeks.  Would never happen.  Way more headache than what you'll likely get out in the end. 

Let's say the Cardinals continue to suck and are out of the playoff picture, will they even bother risking him after 10 weeks on the shelf? 

Another point to keep in mind is that his value will rise each week passes by.  Around week 5-6 there will be chatter on how DJ can come back in 5 weeks and those teams in possible playoffs picture will be more inclined to deal for DJ in preparation for the playoffs run.  Just a thought.

7 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Not sure how deep your benches are, but no way would I stash someone that long and try to navigate all the bye weeks.  Would never happen.  Way more headache than what you'll likely get out in the end. 

Let's say the Cardinals continue to suck and are out of the playoff picture, will they even bother risking him after 10 weeks on the shelf? 

Easy enough to do even if you have a short bench for only 5-6 players.

- Don't carry two QBs. 

- Don't carry two TEs. 

- Carry 2-3 WRs and 2-3 RBs on your bench. Have 1-2 of those 2-3 WR/RB be startable players that you know you can get an ok floor from. Then have 1-2 be the lotto ticket upside players. 

Easy enough. When your QB goes on bye and if you are not streaming, drop the one WR or RB lotto ticket that isn't panning out. When the TE's bye comes up, do the same as the QB. Use DJ has one of your RB bench stashes. 

3 minutes ago, Thinkingcap said:

Another point to keep in mind is that his value will rise each week passes by.  Around week 5-6 there will be chatter on how DJ can come back in 5 weeks and those teams in possible playoffs picture will be more inclined to deal for DJ in preparation for the playoffs run.  Just a thought.

this.  i am going to try and hold until byes start and then if im struggling and need to make a move, will try and sell to contender.....

So according to Bruce Arians, the Cards "hope" to have him back by Christmas (Week 16)

If that's the case, I see no point in holding... Especially since the Cardinals could very well be out of the playoff picture and shut him down for the season. I think dropping him is the correct move to give you another shot at finding a lottery ticket on the waiver wire.

2 minutes ago, Nickdoggmoneycash said:

So according to Bruce Arians, the Cards "hope" to have him back by Christmas (Week 16)

If that's the case, I see no point in holding... Especially since the Cardinals could very well be out of the playoff picture and shut him down for the season. I think dropping him is the correct move to give you another shot at finding a lottery ticket on the waiver wire.

1. He said between thanksgiving and Christmas

2. Wth does he know?

3 minutes ago, Nickdoggmoneycash said:

8-12 weeks is the best time frame we have for this kind of injury recovery. Arians blows a lot of hot smoke incase you didn't realize that already.

No one will know a timeline until the surgery is complete and he starts to heal and of course rehab begins. Any information right now is just speculation and should not be considered serious. 

I will not drop until I get a real timeline. 

Edited by iretirefromfantasy

Typical recovery for dislocated wrist: 8-12 weeks

Recovery for a world class athlete with the best doctors in the world at his disposal and a history of healing fast: 12-16+ weeks.

What absolute and utter bull****. I understand he still has to recover but the arm is in a cast for 1-2 months. It takes two more months to get a damn wrist into "football shape"?

Spewing s--- out of his a** is what Arians is doing. I'm fairly certain he'll be back this year and is a buy low candidate if you can send some crap bench warmer to an owner buying into the season ending BS.

Edited by Gohawks
2 hours ago, Thinkingcap said:

Or it could be the opposite, where Arizona is awful and reports leak that he is going to miss the entire year (see Andrew Luck). 

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Typical recovery for dislocated wrist: 8-12 weeks

Recovery for a world class athlete with the best doctors in the world at his disposal and a history of healing fast: 12-16+ weeks.

What absolute and utter bull****. I understand he still has to recover but the arm is in a cast for 1-2 months. It takes two more months to get a damn wrist into "football shape"?

Spewing s--- out of his a** is what Arians is doing. I'm fairly certain he'll be back this year and is a buy low candidate if you can send some crap bench warmer to an owner buying into the season ending BS.

You forget that the average person who dislocated their wrist did it because they fell down the stairs or something of that sort.

You're talking about someone whose career is to take a pounding. It makes sense that they will make sure the wrist is completely recovered before throwing him back out there.

7 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

You forget that the average person who dislocated their wrist did it because they fell down the stairs or something of that sort.

You're talking about someone whose career is to take a pounding. It makes sense that they will make sure the wrist is completely recovered before throwing him back out there.

Yup, and for the typical person recovery doesn't mean holding a football in your hand while 300 lb men try to rip it out and tackle you.

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Yup, and for the typical person recovery doesn't mean holding a football in your hand while 300 lb men try to rip it out and tackle you.

All this is offset by the fact that these athletes have the best medical care that money can buy and their sport and the condition of their body is their job 24/7/365.  

DJ has shown he works hard to recover from injury.  I'm betting on the lower bound of the timeline until I hear otherwise.

These type of injuries are usually on the longer end of the forecast.  I wouldn't want to hold for hopes he'll play in December.  AZ could be out of it by then and decide just to shut him down.

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic