NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

I think it's 50-50% at best. I can easily see Cards being 3-7 by the time he is eligible to return, and 4-8 by the time he likely returns.

So if he is 100% healthy why not give him game action so he can get caught up a little and not miss playing football for more or less a year and a half. This isn't the AJ Green situation from last year where it's his hamstring and one wrong step sends you to a long path in terms of recovery. I don't understand why you hold out a guy that is 100% healthy. That and I also don't see the Cardinals being all that pathetic.

People seem to forget this is the NFC West we're talking about.  Seattle's offense is going to be brutal and the Rams and 49ers are, well.... the Rams and 49ers.  It might be possible to win this division with an 8-8 record (or worse).  The Cardinals D is going to be better than they showed last week, and I think their passing game can generate enough points to be competitive.  So I'm not seeing this whole "they're eliminated from the playoffs, let's shut him down" thing being as likely as some others.  

4 minutes ago, cothane said:

People seem to forget this is the NFC West we're talking about.  Seattle's offense is going to be brutal and the Rams and 49ers are, well.... the Rams and 49ers.  It might be possible to win this division with an 8-8 record (or worse).  The Cardinals D is going to be better than they showed last week, and I think their passing game can generate enough points to be competitive.  So I'm not seeing this whole "they're eliminated from the playoffs, let's shut him down" thing being as likely as some others.  

Lmfao you think the Seahawks are going to go below 500?

tenor.gif

Dropping him right now is extremely premature and quite a knee jerk reaction.

It is absolutely 100% impossible to know when he will be back right now. All this December talk is utter trash. How can you pinpoint any kind of recovery without even having a surgery yet and seeing how it goes?

My suggestion is wait around 2 weeks. That won't kill you. I guarantee you that if in two weeks we hear that the recovery is going very well and he is on pace to return in week 10 you will put a hole in your screen for dropping him. If there is nothing in that time period and the only thing you hear is how the recovery is coming along slowly be my guest and drop him.

36 minutes ago, cothane said:

There is virtually no chance that Arizona will finish ahead of Seattle this season with Johnson out at least eight games.  Seattle is going to be a huge favorite in Week 2 (SF), Week 4 (Purdue), Week 8 (Houston), Week 9 (Washington), all at home.  I'd expect them to win 3 or 4 of these.  Their other games in the first 10 weeks are at Tennessee, at the Rams, at the Giants, and at Arizona in Week 10.  Seattle can win any and all of these.  Keep in mind they just held GB to zero points for a half at Lambeau.  

If Seattle wins that Week 10 game at Arizona the division will basically be over for Arizona.

7 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Oh, they must have made 3 big signings along their o-line.  Who did they get?!?!?

Their line was pathetic last year and they won double digit games like they do every year.

The defense and Wilsons scrambling ability will get them double digit wins. I'm not delusional and i'm a realist when it comes to my own team but the Seahawks are almost a sure bet for double digit wins. Are they a super bowl contender? Not with that line. However, the team really tends to turn it on later in the year as the line gels.

If you have 5 or more bench spots, I would definitely not drop him. There is a real possibility he's back week 12 and able to help you in the playoffs. He can still stay in shape with a wrist injury, he's not the type of guy who's going to want to sit once he's healthy, and Arians strikes me as a guy who'll fight for every last win. Plus, he might be a quick healer, who knows? give it until byes start happening at least.

4 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

There is virtually no chance that Arizona will finish ahead of Seattle this season with Johnson out at least eight games.  Seattle is going to be a huge favorite in Week 2 (SF), Week 4 (Purdue), Week 8 (Houston), Week 9 (Washington), all at home.  I'd expect them to win 3 or 4 of these.  Their other games in the first 10 weeks are at Tennessee, at the Rams, at the Giants, and at Arizona in Week 10.  Seattle can win any and all of these.  Keep in mind they just held GB to zero points for a half at Lambeau.  

If Seattle wins that Week 10 game at Arizona the division will basically be over for Arizona.

When did Purdue get an NFL team lol

5 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

When did Purdue get an NFL team lol

So long as they are terrible (basically w/o Luck), I'm referring to the Colts as Purdue.  (I'm also referring to the Saints' defense only as Tulane.)

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic