NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

4 minutes ago, cothane said:

Am I correct in this timeline?

He's eligible to come off IR on the Tuesday leading up to week 10.  He can't practice at all during this time.  The Cards have a Thursday night game that week, so it's basically impossible that he would play week 10.  

Yes?

Yes, week 11 is his best case scenario.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, cothane said:

Am I correct in this timeline?

He's eligible to come off IR on the Tuesday leading up to week 10.  He can't practice at all during this time.  The Cards have a Thursday night game that week, so it's basically impossible that he would play week 10.  

Yes?

No after 6 weeks you can practice.

46 minutes ago, cothane said:

Do you have a source on that?  I think you might be thinking of the PUP list.  I can't find anything that says you can practice on IR.

I don't usually use Wiki as a source, but I've checked elsewhere and this seems to be accurate:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injured_reserve_list

The relevant part...

"Starting in 2012, the NFL and the NFLPA reached an agreement allowing one player placed on injured reserve to be brought back to the active roster.[3] Provided that the player was on the final 53-man preseason roster (A rule exempted for the 2012 season), and that the injury is deemed to keep this player unable to practice or play football for an estimated six weeks, the player may be allowed to practice after Week 6, and be activated to play after Week 8.[4] As of 2017, teams may now return two players from injured reserve after Week 8.[5]"

11 minutes ago, phizzics said:

I don't usually use Wiki as a source, but I've checked elsewhere and this seems to be accurate:

The relevant part...

"Starting in 2012, the NFL and the NFLPA reached an agreement allowing one player placed on injured reserve to be brought back to the active roster.[3] Provided that the player was on the final 53-man preseason roster (A rule exempted for the 2012 season), and that the injury is deemed to keep this player unable to practice or play football for an estimated six weeks, the player may be allowed to practice after Week 6, and be activated to play after Week 8.[4] As of 2017, teams may now return two players from injured reserve after Week 8.[5]"

Gracias.  Appreciate it.  

phizzics--

Thanks for the reminder about how the I.R. list works.  Johnson can practice for several weeks prior to being activated for his week 10 game.  That's what New England did with Dion Lewis last year. By the time Lewis was ready for game action, he had been "Wally Pipped" by James White.  I see no one on Arizona's roster who will do that to Johnson here in 2017, however.

19 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

phizzics--

Thanks for the reminder about how the I.R. list works.  Johnson can practice for several weeks prior to being activated for his week 10 game.  That's what New England did with Dion Lewis last year. By the time Lewis was ready for game action, he had been "Wally Pipped" by James White.  I see no one on Arizona's roster who will do that to Johnson here in 2017, however.

Although six weeks would still be inside the minimum 8-week recovery time frame, so he might not be doing any real "practicing".  

6 minutes ago, happymedium11 said:

so we have an IR spot. picked him up after another owner dropped his a##. Hope I look like a genius. Trying to build a ranch of horses.

give you have an IR spot it's an easy pickup, no risk at all

You're most likely dropping him for someone like Darkwa in a competitive 12 man league.

The chance of Johnson coming back >>>>>> the chance of someone like Darkwa being fantasy relevant.

Just another reason to hold.

5 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

give you have an IR spot it's an easy pickup, no risk at all

ok thats what i figured. Seems like low investment for big reward but none of the other leaguemates bite so I was wondering if I missed something like did he have a surgical setback or did the team say he's not coming back. anyhoo felt like a no brainer to me too glad i scooped him up.

17 minutes ago, happymedium11 said:

ok thats what i figured. Seems like low investment for big reward but none of the other leaguemates bite so I was wondering if I missed something like did he have a surgical setback or did the team say he's not coming back. anyhoo felt like a no brainer to me too glad i scooped him up.

should be back for a playoff run. I totally understand people being leary to fill up a bench spot with him but an IR spot makes in an easy pickup

9 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

should be back for a playoff run. I totally understand people being leary to fill up a bench spot with him but an IR spot makes in an easy pickup

thanks bro. have dj on another league too but thats cuz i drafted him. he is taking up a bench slot. sigh. Isiaih Crowell , my RB2 is now my RB1. pray for me. 

gotta get into the playoffs in order for DJ to shine.

5 hours ago, phizzics said:

The relevant part...

I think it's two players now, but I could be wrong.  

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic