NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

should be back for a playoff run.

I so want this to be true but so far I only found examples of players who took a season or more. Like Urlacher (as tough as they come) in 2009.

I'm still holding on to him, but I've already let go of the idea he will have value. 

Ok I just remembered I hung onto Josh Gordon for 11 weeks in 2014. I literally have no excuse not to hang onto DJ for that length of time.

You would if you played in a competitive league.

Edited by Red Dog
52 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I so want this to be true but so far I only found examples of players who took a season or more. Like Urlacher (as tough as they come) in 2009.

I'm still holding on to him, but I've already let go of the idea he will have value. 

a whole season from a wrist injury?  it's not like he tore his acl

edit: saw the story about urlacher and you're right he took all season. that being said that was 8 years ago and I believe the IR rules have changed since then with you being able to designate players to return

Edited by vthokie3

Branden Albert is a example...

Branden Albert hears the talk about how he's injury prone, and it drives him insane.

The Miami Dolphins' starting left tackle points out that the only reason he's ever missed games was because of a serious injury, like the time he tore three ligaments in his knee in 2014, or a fluke injury or illnesses. Albert suffered another injury during Sunday's 31-24 win over the San Diego Chargers but played through it.

In the second quarter of the game, Melvin Ingram bull rushed Albert and injured his left wrist. Albert had to go inside the locker room to take x-rays, and once it was discovered that the wrist was dislocated and not broken he convinced Miami's trainers to put a cast on it and let him return to the game.

"Once they popped it back in place I had to go out there and finish the game," said Albert, who missed two games this season because of an ankle injury and salmonella poisoning. "Earlier in the game I had some struggles, so I had to finish the game. I had to!"

Albert said it was tough to play with a cast on his left wrist, but it wasn't an option considering he allowed Ingram to register the second sack against him in the first half.

"I couldn't go out like that," said Albert, a nine-year veteran who has started 113 NFLgames. "I was going back in no matter what."

If he comes back week 15 or 16 would you really put him in your lineup on a playoff or championship game coming off a injury that long? I would trade whatever you can for him. It's barely into week 2. People are gonna miss a lot of break out players without that bench spot.

10 minutes ago, Halberdier said:

If he comes back week 15 or 16 would you really put him in your lineup on a playoff or championship game coming off a injury that long? I would trade whatever you can for him. It's barely into week 2. People are gonna miss a lot of break out players without that bench spot.

'Says the guy who dropped him?

7 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

This david johnson guy is done for the majority of the regular season. People are still stressing and hoping. Lol

Mods, can we lock this thread so it doesnt get bumped on purpose every 3-5 mins? 

We have other major concerns and worries than a guy who is not even playing fir the next 14 weeks.

Who are you to decide what people want to talk about around here? 

1 minute ago, Savatage79 said:

Who are you to decide what people want to talk about around here? 

He's a site user who is asking the mods to do what they've been doing which is locking threads that are going no where - ironically your comment will help instigate it's locking much quicker :rolleyes:

Mods may lock this thread if there are no more further useful updates.  All this "you are an idiot to hold him v. you are an idiot for dropping" him stuff is not helpful.

Has there been an article about how his surgery went?  Now that could be good info to help in the decision-making process.

11 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Mods may lock this thread if there are no more further useful updates.  All this "you are an idiot to hold him v. you are an idiot for dropping" him stuff is not helpful.

Has there been an article about how his surgery went?  Now that could be good info to help in the decision-making process.

Meh id say a trend of dropping or holding could give people an idea on what to do themselves......thus it is important to see the "you are an idiot to hold v. you are an idiot for dropping". Post.

Edited by balto
15 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

As long as i am winning i am keeping DJ.

Simple as that

Yes. I like this approach. I've changed my mind. I feel that I drafted well enough to hold the ship together in his absence. If I can get a good deal, I won't pass that up though. Gonna hold while his value is low.

if I start losing though...

1 hour ago, JSA2422 said:

He's a site user who is asking the mods to do what they've been doing which is locking threads that are going no where - ironically your comment will help instigate it's locking much quicker :rolleyes:

Nobody forces anyone to enter a thread, if people want to talk let them talk. 

15 minutes ago, the_real_ab said:

"Surgery went ??, on to the road of recovery. This just a minor set back for a major come back! Appreciate the support by everyone?? #GoCards"

@DavidJohnson31 on twitter this morning.  

DJ will be back before we know it, and help us come playoff time! Have faith comrades!

9 minutes ago, lavaman said:

DJ will be back before we know it, and help us come playoff time! Have faith comrades!

Hopefully even before playoffs start, like Week 10 or 11

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic