NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Gabbed said:

Because he'll have two weeks plus two days of practice maybe?

You can practice after 6 weeks on IR, play games after 8 weeks.......  Same as it's been for years.

but his injury was a 8 to 12 week recovery time.  So unless he has a miracle and can practice at 6 weeks.  That still puts his first practice time that week 10 before the thursday night game.

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

but his injury was a 8 to 12 week recovery time.  So unless he has a miracle and can practice at 6 weeks.  That still puts his first practice time that week 10 before the thursday night game.

He doesn't have a cast on and could very well return earlier than the 8-12 weeks. 

Just now, burninglegs said:

He doesn't have a cast on and could very well return earlier than the 8-12 weeks. 

I hope your right since I have him in all my leagues.  But I just don't see Zona risking it.  Most things I have heard is its gonna be closer to the 12 week timetable then the 8 week.

I hope your right since I have him in all my leagues.  But I just don't see Zona risking it.  Most things I have heard is its gonna be closer to the 12 week timetable then the 8 week.

What have you heard saying it is 12 weeks? Since the injury DJ and Cardinals have not given any updated timeline. Dr. Chao just said he could be back sooner than we originally thought. 

Those sources are grasping at straws.

How can you possibly predict that when you don't get to see how fast the healing process is taking? Everything is 100% random speculation until there is an update from a doctor that actually examines his wrist. I understand there are other cases but when you factor in genetics and how an injury is almost never exactly the same those cases are really irrelevant. Everything I read about DJ says he heals extremely fast.

Just now, burninglegs said:

What have you heard saying it is 12 weeks? Since the injury DJ and Cardinals have not given any updated timeline. Dr. Chao just said he could be back sooner than we originally thought. 

Like I said the things I have read said he was more likely to be closer to 12 weeks then 8.  I really hope I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Like I said the things I have read said he was more likely to be closer to 12 weeks then 8.  I really hope I'm wrong.

Again. Cardinals and DJ have not given an updated timeline for recovery. Just like those other sources you read saying 12 weeks, Dr. Choa as another source just said it could be much sooner than expected. Cardinals being quiet regarding DJ's recovery is a good sign imo. 

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

All i'm saying is... No one is scared of my team.

By week 12, the combination of Josh Gordon and David Johnson will have teams ****ting their pants as I sneak into the playoffs.

tenor.gif

Ha.  I'm right there with you on both.

On 9/21/2017 at 12:38 AM, JeongKim said:

At minimum, to avoid deformity of the wrist, the Kirschner wires must remain in place for 10 weeks or longer.

Johnson's done for the season. Hope the man makes a complete recovery though (his story about not being able to hold his son was heartbreaking).

From Dr. David Chao:

Wish @ESPN wouldn't have placed big graphic across #DavidJohnson wrist/arm. Did not look like cast at all. Bodes well for earlier return.

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Poor DJ owners that click on this thread in a heartbeat looking for some news because the thread is hot...

Only to realize we warped back a few weeks to flat out speculation.

Nah, the hopes and dreams of him playing again this season is the only thing keeping me going.

Its been a rough year so far lol.

Edited by 1st DownSyndrome
14 minutes ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

Nah, the hopes and dreams of him playing again this season is the only thing keeping me going.

Its been a rough year so far lol.

You think? I have 8 guys right now either questionable or out not including Robinson or Coleman who I dropped.

Josh Gordon and Johnson or the only thing keeping me alive and that's pretty sad...

Link to 'A Song For David'

Lyrics

Oh please, DJ come running back to us

Injury stings like a Warren Sapp sack to us

Fournette  be on a roll, there’s something Cookin’ Minnesota

J.J. Watt out for blood, comin’ for  Marcus Mariota

Kareem Hunt on the hunt— dude be goin bananas

TyMontG be runnin’ hard but met Breanne like Stannis

Players kneelin, players feelin, Diggin deep and Thielen

Martavis Bryant missing targets that AB be stealin

Five yards forward and two yards back

Rob Kelley lookin fit; eatin carrots for snack

Tom Brady throwin bombs like Iraq to us

Von Miller straight killer line back to us

Put the Ertz in Hurts the pain comes back to us

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
17 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Link to 'A Song For David'

Lyrics

Injury stings like a Warren Sapp sack to us

Fournette  be on a roll, there’s something Cookin’ Minnesota

J.J. Watt out for blood, comin’ for  Marcus Mariota

Kareem Hunt on the hunt— dude be goin bananas

TyMontG be runnin’ hard but met Breanne like Stannis

Players kneelin, players feelin, Diggin deep and Thielen

Martavis Bryant missing targets that AB be stealin

Five yards forward and two yards back

Rob Kelley lookin fit; eatin carrots for snack

Tom Brady throwin bombs like Iraq to us

Von Miller straight killer line back to us

Put the Ertz in Hurts the pain comes back to us

GrizzledForsakenHuia-size_restricted.gif

1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

They barely escaped the worst team in the league minus the Browns. You really think they will stick around? 

This whole division is up for grabs imo.

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic