NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

Nobody in a serious league would drop this guy. If he happens to comes back week 10 would you really want to watch him go off for the rest of the season and win someone else a championship? And even possibly have to play against him? Nope! Just the thought of that happening makes sick. 

A firm HOLD for me.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, KB_IV said:

Nobody in a serious league would drop this guy. If he happens to comes back week 10 would you really want to watch him go off for the rest of the season and win someone else a championship? And even possibly have to play against him? Nope! Just the thought of that happening makes sick. 

A firm HOLD for me.

Nah, he was worth dropping for a total stud like Cohen or Allen.

Because generally speaking, players want to play.  Plus they usually earn more playing vs. sitting.  Plus DJ is awesome, so he and the team and football fans everywhere want him back asap

Edited by C10

Remember when Clinton Portis held a press conference to announce he would be continuing his playing career?  At that moment, Portis was not on an NFL roster, and it was pretty obvious no teams were going to be interested in him.

I watch the highlights of David Johnson playing, I hear his interviews, I read about his life and experiences.  From this I concluse that Johnson loves football at least as much as Clinton Portis.

1 hour ago, Sean Tambo said:

Why would we even see DJ again this season??? Its obvious the Cards wont be in a playoff run this yr. Why would they risk him getting injured,,,again :huh:

I know, right?

Cards should hold him out next year too cause Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald probably wont be there and they probably wont have a great shot at the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

Why would we even see DJ again this season??? Its obvious the Cards wont be in a playoff run this yr. Why would they risk him getting injured,,,again :huh:

You're telling me that if DJ is fully ready to go by week 10 they won't play him just because they may not make the playoffs?

You think the Cards are going to give up on their season by week 10? In that division? I highly doubt they're just gonna tell all their fans and players "sorry DJ is ready but we aren't going to play him because we think our playoff chances are slim". That would be a terrible way to get fans to buy tickets and come to your games. It's also a slap in the face to the players that are currently playing. Plus I don't think DJ wants to take a whole year off if he can help it. That's a long time away from the game.

Sorry I don't buy that. It's just not happening IF he is truly ready by week 10.

If he is healthy, he will play. Regardless of whether or not they're in contention. This guy had goals of 1000/1000 this year and the team and Arians had his back on that. There's no way they won't play him because they're afraid he'll get injured again. He's a young workhorse that wants to play football with a head coach and team that completely has his back.

I guess the last few weeks owners have had to ask themselves if it was worth it to drop DJ for other WW RB pickups. Like Alex Collins, Latavius Murray, McKinnon, Gallman, Jones, McQuire...etc. Is one of those pickups really able to carry a team into the fantasy playoffs and win you your league? I guess each owner has to answer that themselves. But for teams that carry 5-6 RBs and only start 2-3 each week, DJ is still a hold. If you have bye week issues coming up, you had plenty of weeks to trade and get those bye weeks covered. 

33 minutes ago, Yanksfan06 said:

Only news worth mentioning here is that absolutely no one has stepped up while DJ  has been gone, meaning we don't have to worry about anybody eating into his snaps when he comes back.Rest up DJ!

Lol if you were seriously worried about this

4 hours ago, Yanksfan06 said:

Only news worth mentioning here is that absolutely no one has stepped up while DJ  has been gone, meaning we don't have to worry about anybody eating into his snaps when he comes back.Rest up DJ!

Except TJ Logan who will come off IR and eat. 

3 hours ago, Bartos said:

Except TJ Logan who will come off IR and eat. 

Yes.  TJ Logan is going to take snaps away from David Johnson.  Is that what you’re implying?  Keep on keepin’ on Rotoworld forums.

I am hoping that this belongs here as opposed to the Assistant Coach Help Forum.

I have been reading from a LOT of people in this thread that they are holding DJ, but has anyone been able to successfully trade for him? I know speculation is still around when DJ will be back this season, and for some if he will be back at all.

If anyone did trade for him, what did you trade away?

Just now, csv2209 said:

I am hoping that this belongs here as opposed to the Assistant Coach Help Forum.

I have been reading from a LOT of people in this thread that they are holding DJ, but has anyone been able to successfully trade for him? I know speculation is still around when DJ will be back this season, and for some if he will be back at all.

If anyone did trade for him, what did you trade away?

Traded Allen Hurns for him in a league last week.  Was shocked when his owner offered it to me.

hedged my bets by flipping him for Mixon in one league, and flipping Semien+Decker for Johnson in another.

I think he comes back and slays though, and leaves people regretful that they didn't have the patience to hold him. 

It's like having a Wild Draw 4 in UNO that you save toward the end of the game. 

Or something. :rolleyes:

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
  • tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic