NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

10 hours ago, kjansick said:

I took DJ in the first and Amari in the second and am sitting good at 4th place 3-2 and feel good about my team. I lucked out on getting Zeke in the 5th round though and felt like I had a really solid draft. Once news broke that Zeke would be back I rosterbated like a madman thinking I'd have the double headed monster of Zeke and DJ running wild. Both are looking shaky. Thus far though feeling good.

Amateur league, zeke in the 5th round?

I woulnt even care if i won that league, no fum when no one else even knows what they are doing.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, suckmyforte said:

While I agree with the assessment, it should be noted that Bleacher Report IS NOT a reliable source or credible outlet

edit: yeah yeah it’s just going off BA comments but still

Edited by lolcopter

It isn't sounding good but nobody should be surprised. Everyone should be planning for the most likely result that he doesn't play this year, but he has huge upside if he does play. If you can manage your roster in a way to hold him and want to gamble on that upside, do it. If not, don't.

That would put him coming back against Jax.

Trust me, I want/need him back ASAP, but the 2 weeks before that are Seattle and Houston, so its not like he's missing out on some cake match ups.

If he comes back Week 12 I will be celebrating.....just need to go at least 6-5 leading into that week.

22 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

It isn't sounding good but nobody should be surprised. Everyone should be planning for the most likely result that he doesn't play this year, but he has huge upside if he does play. If you can manage your roster in a way to hold him and want to gamble on that upside, do it. If not, don't.

I don't know about you, but a week 12 return sounds pretty good to me. id be fine with a week 13 return even. 

14 minutes ago, The Caucasian Sensation said:

So, really nothing has changed. Just some people making assumptions. Arians has said all long he didnt expect him back until Thanksgiving.

Not to say DJ would come back at the earlier timeframe, but it's a huge mistake to listen to coach's when it comes to injuries.

Anyone aware of the T.J. Logan situation? Rookie RB got hurt with a dislocated wrist, had a similar surgery, and wont be back for about a month more. But he got the injury a month before Johnson. On that time line that would put Johnson back week 14 or 15. I might be worth while to monitor Logan's status to kind of get an idea of Johnson's.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/907321070809702400

14 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Amateur league, zeke in the 5th round?

I woulnt even care if i won that league, no fum when no one else even knows what they are doing.

I got Zeke at the end of the fourth / beginning of the 5th and in a 10 team that's 40th / 41st overall since I had the first overall pick and had the double tap on the turn. Not amateur and at the time he was suspended so when news broke after our draft he was in and seeing I had him and DJ I was dancing in the streets. Fast forward to today... dark times.

DJ just posted a video of his hard cast on Instagram. Which a few pages back I referred to his soft cast still being on, he has his stitches and all that out recently. He'll probably spend 2-3 weeks in the hard cast then it will have to be changed or taken off. So now we wait for 2-3 weeks for the determination. If it's taken off he'll go right to physical therapy.

I'm not a doctor, I'm speaking from my own personal experiences with injuries.

6 minutes ago, hype said:

DJ just posted a video of his hard cast on Instagram. Which a few pages back I referred to his soft cast still being on, he has his stitches and all that out recently. He'll probably spend 2-3 weeks in the hard cast then it will have to be changed or taken off. So now we wait for 2-3 weeks for the determination. If it's taken off he'll go right to physical therapy.

In the video he states that he's going to start training. 

2 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

In the video he states that he's going to start training. 

He can train all he wants but he can't catch  a ball or take a hand off yet. Do you think he hasn't been "training" with his soft cast?

1 hour ago, hype said:

He can train all he wants but he can't catch  a ball or take a hand off yet. Do you think he hasn't been "training" with his soft cast?

Its ok, he already knows how to take a hand off and catch a ball, its not like he has to re-learn that, 

Get the strength back and get back in there.

38 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Its ok, he already knows how to take a hand off and catch a ball, its not like he has to re-learn that, 

Get the strength back and get back in there.

I'm 100% team DJ. I have been since 2015. But when your hand is immobilized for that long it takes a long time to regain the strength and range of motion that would feel normal. He'll be back playing again this season, but I think Arians was being honest when he said around Thanksgiving.

Again, I'm not a doctor. I'm speaking from my own experiences with injuries.

19 hours ago, hype said:

Here’s the tweet/vid:

David Chao said hopefully Thanksgiving, but that was based on the thought that the cast was off and he was already in a removable splint and would be practicing in a coup,e weeks.  I think Thanksgiving may be optimistic give that the hardcast just got put on.

3 minutes ago, Euphonetics said:

David Chao said hopefully Thanksgiving, but that was based on the thought that the cast was off and he was already in a removable splint and would be practicing in a coup,e weeks.  I think Thanksgiving may be optimistic give that the hardcast just got put on.

On Twitter he linked the video of the new cast that someone posted earlier.  It is not based on the assumption that the cast was off.  Go check it out on twitter.

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic