Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

I'd go into the AP thread but I'd probably have to chug a bottle of bleach after reading the insane typical Rotoworld overreactions that I am 100% sure it contains.

 

Reading a preview in this thread is making me want to gag.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

 insane typical Rotoworld overreactions that I am 100% sure it contains.

 

56 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Once DJ comes back AP is going to go back to bitching on the bench. 

 

I'm quite sure the second sentence is by no means a typical Rotoworld overreaction to not owning the guy?

Come on man, we get it. Your team sucks, your players suck, your weekend sucked, now get some rest and let's start trading for next weekend. And let's leave this thread alone for when we get real news on DJ.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 12:27 PM, Iron-cock said:

 

And it means he might not get his role back when he's better.  Peterson could easily steal early down work.  :rolleyes:

 

DJ should still get run as an 3rd down back if he can stay healthy though.

 

On 10/10/2017 at 12:28 PM, smeeze said:

 

I sincerely hope this is tongue-in-cheek.

 

evil-smile.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

 

 

I'm quite sure the second sentence is by no means a typical Rotoworld overreaction to not owning the guy?

Come on man, we get it. Your team sucks, your players suck, your weekend sucked, now get some rest and let's start trading for next weekend. And let's leave this thread alone for when we get real news on DJ.

No it is not. AP is an old RB that had one good game after being a scrub for the entire year. Johnson is one of the most talented backs coming off one of the more impressive seasons in history. The notion that AP is a threat is a joke. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Arians stated that Thanksgiving is now the earliest to expect DJ back. I am intrigued as I am 5-1 and have some wiggle room on my roster. Thinking about stashing him. But I am worried we'll see a 60/40 timeshare perhaps. They know he just had a very sensitive injury/surgery and might take it easy on him.

 

Anyone else starting to look ahead to his return?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, leebattle said:

Arians stated that Thanksgiving is now the earliest to expect DJ back. I am intrigued as I am 5-1 and have some wiggle room on my roster. Thinking about stashing him. But I am worried we'll see a 60/40 timeshare perhaps. They know he just had a very sensitive injury/surgery and might take it easy on him.

 

Anyone else starting to look ahead to his return?

 

There's like 20 pages worth of discussion about his return in this thread...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2017 at 11:19 PM, Gohawks said:

No it is not. AP is an old RB that had one good game after being a scrub for the entire year. Johnson is one of the most talented backs coming off one of the more impressive seasons in history. The notion that AP is a threat is a joke. 

 

After week 6 last season up until his injury this year DJ was only averaging like 3.5 YPC.   Peterson went for 5.2 YPC!  

 

So basically if you back out September and October of 2016, and the Philly game from 2015....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait do people really think that AP is a major threat to DJ if/when he returns, because that is just hysterical. Also, if you think AP will sustain his level of production from this past week behind this god awful o line you are in for a major disappointment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

Wait do people really think that AP is a major threat to DJ if/when he returns, because that is just hysterical. Also, if you think AP will sustain his level of production from this past week behind this god awful o line you are in for a major disappointment.

 

Let them keep thinking it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

 

After week 6 last season up until his injury this year DJ was only averaging like 3.5 YPC.   Peterson went for 5.2 YPC!  

 

So basically if you back out September and October of 2016, and the Philly game from 2015....

he did a ton of damage through the air though

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is that the fact that AP looked competent on Sunday is actually a very good thing for DJ because it is keeping the Cardinals in contention and if they remain in the playoff race come thanksgiving you better believe the cards will bring DJ back as soon as he is healthy enough to play. Again, this is probably Palmer and Fitzgerald's final seasons, the Cards are not going to want it to be a wasted season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

Wait do people really think that AP is a major threat to DJ if/when he returns, because that is just hysterical. Also, if you think AP will sustain his level of production from this past week behind this god awful o line you are in for a major disappointment.

 

No rational people think that. AP provides an effective veteran presence and is filling in, keeping the Cardinals afloat for a playoff run. Its the exact same situation the Steelers had with Deangelo Williams in 2015 and 2016. Bell got hurt Week 8 2015 and the veteran Williams debuted with 170 yards and 2 TDs and played very well ROS. In 2016, Bell was suspended the first 3 games. Williams had 143 yard and 2 TDs in Week 1. As soon as the star is healthy and/or off suspension, he comes back, probably with a warmup game where they split reps. Pretty simple. Good depth is a sign of a good team as they can survive major injuries for spells. It was a good move by the Cardinals to bring AP in as they had no running game at all.

 

I hope AP continues at least being effective. I have DJ stashed on IR and as long as the Cardinals are in the playoff hunt, DJ will be back Week 12-13 at the latest. Still, the Cardinals almost blew that game last week after leading by 30, so nothing will come easy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

I think I can hold on to him for maybe a few more weeks but I just don't see him coming back with Palmer out for the season. This team is done. 

Yeah it really depends on your record and who you can drop him for. However, if things aren't looking so hot (which they most likely aren't with your top pick out) then I'd try to shop him to a good team before officially dropping him, could try to put him as a sweetener in a bigger deal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...