NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I'm not counting on it one way or another, but he's still stashable (unless you have shallow bench). P.S. a "wrist" isn't a limb, an arm is a limb. ;)

Do you guys think he's still stashable in a league where the playoffs are weeks 13-16, and I already own McCoy, Elliott, Martin, Crow, and Darkwa ?

Considering the move and dropping Amendola....     but having the regular season last just 12 weeks has me hesitating to think its worth the bench spot. :unsure:

Just now, NyjersInParis said:

Hes more than that. Hes the ultimate lottery pick, just keeping him away from yor oppoenents is enough to roster him

Well, you'd have to trust putting him in your starting lineup mid-playoffs...   in this case, over the likes of Doug Martin.  Even if he returns, I don't think I'd have the confidence to just throw him in there after all that time off and expect him to produce and play the full game....

Just now, Brian Bosworth said:

He was the #1 overall pick and might return during the playoffs... does not surprise me at all.

He's not coming back.  Even if he does, AP is still there and no Palmer.

Work on getting the #1 Waiver claim and wait for another injury, much better bet.  

25 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

He's not coming back.  Even if he does, AP is still there and no Palmer.

Work on getting the #1 Waiver claim and wait for another injury, much better bet.  

Thinking a washed up AP is any threat to this guy makes me question anything else you have to say.

Just now, Gohawks said:

Thinking a washed up AP is any threat to this guy makes me question anything else you have to say.

If he was so washed up, then why did they trade for him my friend with the intent to use him as their 3-down workhorse?  hmmm?

4 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

If he was so washed up, then why did they trade for him my friend with the intent to use him as their 3-down workhorse?  hmmm?

Because their actual workhorse is injured. What a ridiculous and irrelevant question.

Just now, Gohawks said:

Because their actual workhorse is injured. What a ridiculous and irrelevant question.

Correct.  So they went out and got another workhorse who must not be washed up if they TRADED FOR him.  

31 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Correct.  So they went out and got another workhorse who must not be washed up if they TRADED FOR him.  

They got him because they had no backfield whatsoever. It’s called a rental bro. Either you are so slow or just like to troll, have a nice night Spanky! 

23 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

They got him because they had no backfield whatsoever. It’s called a rental bro. Either you are so slow or just like to troll, have a nice night Spanky! 

Obviously I'm talking about this year.  

It's over man.  No Palmer as well.  Accept your destiny and stop crying and move on...BRO.

DJ isn't going to be your savior this year.

5 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

True True....All true.  Come on.  Palmer is toast man. true if it means injured until week 16 at least Cards won't make playoffs. probably true  

AP won't completely sit even if long shot for DJ to come back.  true

Why won't you accept it's the END OF THE ROAD?  :mellow: 

None of this makes DJ fantasy irrelevant, and although the future is darker than it was before palmer"s injury, there is still a good chance dj sees the field before the end of my playoffs. For me the real question is what kind of volume should we expect from him. I understand and i completely agree with people saying they won't rush him back, but i completely disagree on people saying sitting him until next year is the move. We have all seen how 1 year without seeing the field has impacted Lynch or Peterson, you don't want a young dj to get rusty. 

3 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

If he doesnt return after 12 weeks for a WRIST injury I will be disgusted. 

Anither thing, it's going to be very interesting to see what his ADP will be next year coming off of 2 major injuries his last 2 games played dating back to last year...

1 hour ago, dakimbell said:

If he doesnt return after 12 weeks for a WRIST injury I will be disgusted. 

Anither thing, it's going to be very interesting to see what his ADP will be next year coming off of 2 major injuries his last 2 games played dating back to last year...

But next year his adp will reflect the 5 games at the end of 2017 where he returned to the field and dominated.

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic