NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Drew Stanton as starting QB probably factors into the decision.

They could have gone out and gotten Garapollo, McCarron, Favre, etc but they’re happy to waste the end of Larry Fitz and AP’s careers.

to be fair, Arians was asked if he expected to get both Johnson AND Logan back this season, and he said "I doubt it." Later he said there is no change in David Johnson's status, that he "still has a cast on". By no means good news, but it isn't quite over maybe.

9 minutes ago, smeeze said:

They could have gone out and gotten Garapollo, McCarron, Favre, etc but they’re happy to waste the end of Larry Fitz and AP’s careers.

They aren't doing anything this year, their team is terrible.

He still has a cast on, then will need 6-8 weeks rehab. But by all means keep him rostered in redraft leagues, your league mates will appreciate that.

Edited by Red Dog
24 minutes ago, leesanity7 said:

Read my "lost souls" section in signature.

This is the nail in the coffin. 

I warned everyone when Palmer went down the final nail went into his corpse, it was the 

8 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Atrophy, building muscle, and flexibility. 

Red Dog giving pessimistic and bad info guys on DJ's rehab..

From Dr Chao:

However, it shouldn’t be too long before Johnson is out of the cast. And once he is, the acclimation to a splint is relatively quick as the wrist rehab required to return to play is relatively simple.

This is nothing like rehab for Colts quarterback Andrew Luck on his shoulder, where he really can’t work out at a high level or throw.

While Johnson said in the interview he hasn’t “started rehab,” the reality is he has likely been running and able to work out almost fully, including a hands-free lifting program that should have his body ready to go when his wrist is.

Once he gets in a splint, he could be playing in as a little as two weeks. For example, Jordan Mathews recently broke his thumb, needed surgery and yet returned to catch passes in two weeks.

Edited by dakimbell
2 hours ago, raltherr said:

Yeah, I agree.  It's been 8 weeks.  Why drop him now?

10404.jpg

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians expects David Johnson (wrist surgery) to miss the remainder of 2017.

Arians joins GM Steve Keim in expressing public pessimism that Johnson will return this season. Johnson himself has also said he's unsure if he'll play again in 2017. At this point, the preponderance of evidence suggests Johnson is done, even though he's technically eligible to return in November. Fantasy owners holding onto Johnson for possible playoff contributions can move on.
Oct 31 - 3:47 PM
1 hour ago, dakimbell said:

Red Dog giving pessimistic and bad info guys on DJ's rehab..

From Dr Chao:

However, it shouldn’t be too long before Johnson is out of the cast. And once he is, the acclimation to a splint is relatively quick as the wrist rehab required to return to play is relatively simple.

This is nothing like rehab for Colts quarterback Andrew Luck on his shoulder, where he really can’t work out at a high level or throw.

While Johnson said in the interview he hasn’t “started rehab,” the reality is he has likely been running and able to work out almost fully, including a hands-free lifting program that should have his body ready to go when his wrist is.

Once he gets in a splint, he could be playing in as a little as two weeks. For example, Jordan Mathews recently broke his thumb, needed surgery and yet returned to catch passes in two weeks.

Looks like Dr Chao is a quack.  How's dj going to hang onto the ball with a splint?  Both hands, only his good hand?  Obviously his wrist won't be 100% hence the splint.  On a team circling the drain?

Good luck with that.

19 minutes ago, Halberdier said:

It's pretty simple, very soon here they will have to choose to activate him, or keep him on IR. Just wait for that news. I'm sure I'm really gonna regret not putting danny woodhead in my Ir spot until then. 

Exactly. Midaswell wait for the team doctors/ head coach/ GM to confirm that DJ is officially done for the season, rather than speculate on what Bruce Arians said he thinks will happen. 

23 minutes ago, Halberdier said:

It's pretty simple, very soon here they will have to choose to activate him, or keep him on IR. Just wait for that news. I'm sure I'm really gonna regret not putting danny woodhead in my Ir spot until then. 

When is that deadline exaclty? And how does it work specifically if you don't mind me asking?

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic