NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

Just now, TennisMenace said:

No, week 12 sounds better.  I will need for him to help me get into the playoffs as well as win for me when I get in, if I get in. 

Trust me, I want that just as bad as you! I'm leaning on Hyde, Kamara and Martin to keep me in second place!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at this point, the decision really hinges on the coaching staff/GM.  In terms of health, I think Dr. Chao is pretty spot on in predicting David's medical return near Thanksgiving.  We just got to keep on cheering AP to carry the Cards for the next few weeks.  I really think if they win today (which is unlikely) David's chance shoots up.  However, I also think that the fact HOU lost its QB also helps the Cards' chance of winning next week as well.

3 hours ago, ree10 said:

Dr Chao says Week 12 is likely. This dude is always on point with his injury analysis.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-david-johnson-cast-wrist-1109-story.html

This is good speculation, but to be clear, the article made it seem like week 12 is possible, not "likely".  Once the cast is off hopefully we will know more....

getting the cast off this coming Monday. Hopefully rehab only takes roughly 2 weeks, which is basically what Dr. Chao suggested. He said that David would obvioulsy still be able to keep in shape by running and what not, and even doing light workouts with his lower body and his core, just nothing with his one arm. So hopefully the Cards can stay competitive, Arians and the GM aren't scrooges about everything, and DJ can get back to 100% real soon and get back on the field. Fingers crossed.

Edited by datsyuk

Wow, there's actually news for this thread to be back on the front page.

I'll probably pick him back up next week, would like to now but unfortunately don't have the roster space to make that happen this week... Even if he rehabs for 4 weeks, he's still back for my fantasy playoffs.

Imo he's a better gamble than the ww scrubs on bad teams and players stuck in a rbbc

Just now, Joelioli said:

I'll probably pick him back up next week, would like to now but unfortunately don't have the roster space to make that happen this week... Even if he rehabs for 4 weeks, he's still back for my fantasy playoffs.

Imo he's a better gamble than the ww scrubs on bad teams and players stuck in a rbbc

From what Dr. Chao had previously said about DJ's injury, it doesn't seem like rehab should take that long. He gave a rough estimate of 2 weeks of rehab. Fingers crossed.

12 minutes ago, Joelioli said:

I dont know if he will last until next week.  

1 minute ago, oban14 said:

I'm surprised he's on waivers anywhere at this point.

Everyone gave up on him when Arians said he doesn't expect him back, and they signed AP who has performed well, and Palmer went down for the year.

Edited by Brian Bosworth
2 minutes ago, Brian Bosworth said:

I want to grab him too -- but taking up TWO bench spots for Zeke and DJ is just too much for my team to handle...   what an odd fantasy year.

I have DJ and Olsen on my bench in a week where byes force me to roster 2 qbs, 2 tes and 2 defenses.  Being 8-1 helps, but still. Im trying to win a championship.

I guess it depends on where youre at..

Edited by Funkenstein
  • tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic