NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Panthor said:

they need him back for next year maybe, but this year is a lost cause.  i certainly understand the desire on DJ's part to want to play but from the organizations side i don't see how they would be in any kind of hurry to get this guy into a game this year.  they lost their starting QB, they lost a starting left tackle, the line is just that much worse now, the remaining schedule is going to be doing them any favors and the playoff hunt doesn't look good.  if anything i see them looking for just about any reason at all to keep him off the field this year, why bring him for token carries and risk an injury for no payoff.  but still he is a stash till anything definitive happens

Bingo.

1 minute ago, herschel said:

Three of the their four games between weeks 13 and 16 are at home.  Assuming they would do what they could to sell tickets to those?  

they can just sell them by entertaining the hope of DJ coming back

One of the positives about using a spot for DJ right now is that we are at a point in the season where we will likely know pretty soon whether or not this guy is worth hanging onto. For that reason I'd say he's a lot more valuable to stash now than he was a month or two ago. I just picked him up, but if he truly is useless ROS, I expect we will know that within the next 2-3 weeks, if not sooner.

Edited by minnytola1960

Very good news about the cast being removed Monday!  Not worried about Peterson or the Cardinals record or playoffs or any of that.  If Johnson is healthy enough to play, he will be out there dominating.

The best argument I have heard is that, although we don't know for sure if he will return in 2017, I sure as heck don't want one of my league mates to pick him up and use Johnson against me.

11 hours ago, Panthor said:

i know there minimum number of weeks he has to wait to be activated but is there a deadline for activation?  where if they don't do anything he is defaulted onto season ending IR?

Well they can only activate 2 players from IR - Designated to Return. TJ Logan is apparently ready. So that leaves DJ and Carson Palmer

35 minutes ago, hype said:

Well they can only activate 2 players from IR - Designated to Return. TJ Logan is apparently ready. So that leaves DJ and Carson Palmer

You are going off of the Ian Rapoport story, and we all know what those are worth.

TJ Logan is a fifth round draft pick who has never taken an NFL snap.  And, interestingly, despite this report, Arizona has not ACTUALLY activated Logan.  If they do activate Logan, and I am skeptical, that will probably tell us more about Carson Palmer than it does David Johnson.

51 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You are going off of the Ian Rapoport story, and we all know what those are worth.

TJ Logan is a fifth round draft pick who has never taken an NFL snap.  And, interestingly, despite this report, Arizona has not ACTUALLY activated Logan.  If they do activate Logan, and I am skeptical, that will probably tell us more about Carson Palmer than it does David Johnson.

I didn't say they were activating Logan. I said he is ready, which he is. I'm going off the team report, not Rap.

Edited by hype
37 minutes ago, hype said:

I didn't say they were activating Logan. I said he is ready, which he is. I'm going off the team report, not Rap.

So Logan is ready, but the team has not activated him.  What can we glean from these two pieces of information?

Since Goodell has to change the NFL rules every single year, I no longer have a firm handle on the "i.r designated for return" roster move time table.  There is a window where the player can practice, but not take up a roster spot, I believe.  I.R. is eight weeks minimum, and we are obviously beyond that number now.

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic