Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook


elite
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still holding out hope. If you have an IR spot, it is a no-brainer. The risk is not the same as if he were coming back from a lower extremity injury. Worst case: He re-aggravates the injury, has another surgery, and is still ready once camp rolls around next offseason. Obviously this is a situation all parties would hope to avoid, but it is not like coming back from a knee injury where the recovery period is much longer and much more likely to affect future abilities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went through a similar injury when I was 20 and there's no doubt he has to have the splint.  When you have a broken wrist in a cast, when the cast comes off your wrist has no strength in it at all, not even enough to hold up the weight of your hand, because the muscles haven't been used in months.  He'll use the splint and will take it off for physical therapy to get strength back into the wrist.  He'll sleep in the splint.  Eventually he'll move from that heavy-duty splint to a cloth-and-elastic contraption.  Part of this is just for pain issues; if you don't have the splint on and someone bumps your arm (or you move your arm in the night while sleeping) it hurts like hell.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

 

Please Bruce Arians bring back your superstar player even though you have zero chance of playoff contention and your starting QB is also hurt but my fantasy team really needs some help

 

- you

 

No one is saying ARI will rush him back before he's 100%. But if he IS 100%, there is no reason not to play him. 

 

Also Arizona is 4-5 in a conference where 9-7 probably gets a WC. I don't think they're good either, but football teams don't just give up when they're technically in the thick of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is obvious that most of the posters still hanging around in here are likely scorned-DJ owners who blew an early pick on him. The guy in my league used the 1.03 to get him after ABrown went 1.01 and I snagged Bell at 1.02. I, too, have had major players go down to injury (including Corey Coleman and Allen Robinson this year). So I get the kool-aid sipping in here after every DJ fart on Instagram. Do I expect the kid to play this year? No. Just doesn't make sense to me. Why? To not win the division? To appease his fantasy owners? Why would the Cardinals risk that in a throw away season? What if he tears an ACL the final game back? Now that makes two lost seasons. Carson Palmer looks done and the Cardinals need a high pick to address the quarterback position. DJ won't help them lose. I think once the playoffs are firmly out of the rear view, some news will come out confirming he is being shut down for the season. Just my opinion. I own Adrian Peterson but don't plan to start that bum any more this season. Too matchup dependent for me. So, I have no horse in this race unless Gurley, Bell, or Kamara go down. But I think we should let the DJ hopefuls believe what they want to believe without giving them hell. This is fantasy football. Why can't they fantasize without someone coming in and crashing the party? DJ owners, believe what you want to believe! I hope it works out for you and DJ compiles a year's worth of stats in two games. I hope the Cardinals bench Adrian Peterson and give DJ 30 plus carries per game with about 7 receptions. I hope he delivers titles to the many owners who patiently held. The guy in my league held DJ. Unfortunately, he is currently in dead last. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

It is obvious that most of the posters still hanging around in here are likely scorned-DJ owners who blew an early pick on him. The guy in my league used the 1.03 to get him after ABrown went 1.01 and I snagged Bell at 1.02. I, too, have had major players go down to injury (including Corey Coleman and Allen Robinson this year). So I get the kool-aid sipping in here after every DJ fart on Instagram. Do I expect the kid to play this year? No. Just doesn't make sense to me. Why? To not win the division? To appease his fantasy owners? Why would the Cardinals risk that in a throw away season? What if he tears an ACL the final game back? Now that makes two lost seasons. Carson Palmer looks done and the Cardinals need a high pick to address the quarterback position. DJ won't help them lose. I think once the playoffs are firmly out of the rear view, some news will come out confirming he is being shut down for the season. Just my opinion. I own Adrian Peterson but don't plan to start that bum any more this season. Too matchup dependent for me. So, I have no horse in this race unless Gurley, Bell, or Kamara go down. But I think we should let the DJ hopefuls believe what they want to believe without giving them hell. This is fantasy football. Why can't they fantasize without someone coming in and crashing the party? DJ owners, believe what you want to believe! I hope it works out for you and DJ compiles a year's worth of stats in two games. I hope the Cardinals bench Adrian Peterson and give DJ 30 plus carries per game with about 7 receptions. I hope he delivers titles to the many owners who patiently held. The guy in my league held DJ. Unfortunately, he is currently in dead last. 

Blew a pick? He was my first pick and I'm currently sitting in second so it has not hurt me to hold him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

It is obvious that most of the posters still hanging around in here are likely scorned-DJ owners who blew an early pick on him. The guy in my league used the 1.03 to get him after ABrown went 1.01 and I snagged Bell at 1.02. I, too, have had major players go down to injury (including Corey Coleman and Allen Robinson this year). So I get the kool-aid sipping in here after every DJ fart on Instagram. Do I expect the kid to play this year? No. Just doesn't make sense to me. Why? To not win the division? To appease his fantasy owners? Why would the Cardinals risk that in a throw away season? What if he tears an ACL the final game back? Now that makes two lost seasons. Carson Palmer looks done and the Cardinals need a high pick to address the quarterback position. DJ won't help them lose. I think once the playoffs are firmly out of the rear view, some news will come out confirming he is being shut down for the season. Just my opinion. I own Adrian Peterson but don't plan to start that bum any more this season. Too matchup dependent for me. So, I have no horse in this race unless Gurley, Bell, or Kamara go down. But I think we should let the DJ hopefuls believe what they want to believe without giving them hell. This is fantasy football. Why can't they fantasize without someone coming in and crashing the party? DJ owners, believe what you want to believe! I hope it works out for you and DJ compiles a year's worth of stats in two games. I hope the Cardinals bench Adrian Peterson and give DJ 30 plus carries per game with about 7 receptions. I hope he delivers titles to the many owners who patiently held. The guy in my league held DJ. Unfortunately, he is currently in dead last. 

Stopped reading at "blew an early pick on him."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

Blew a pick? He was my first pick and I'm currently sitting in second so it has not hurt me to hold him. 

Imagine how good your team would be with Leveon Bell instead of Johnson. Just because the rest of the league sucks doesn't mean that pick wasn't blown. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

It is obvious that most of the posters still hanging around in here are likely scorned-DJ owners who blew an early pick on him. The guy in my league used the 1.03 to get him after ABrown went 1.01 and I snagged Bell at 1.02. I, too, have had major players go down to injury (including Corey Coleman and Allen Robinson this year). So I get the kool-aid sipping in here after every DJ fart on Instagram. Do I expect the kid to play this year? No. Just doesn't make sense to me. Why? To not win the division? To appease his fantasy owners? Why would the Cardinals risk that in a throw away season? What if he tears an ACL the final game back? Now that makes two lost seasons. Carson Palmer looks done and the Cardinals need a high pick to address the quarterback position. DJ won't help them lose. I think once the playoffs are firmly out of the rear view, some news will come out confirming he is being shut down for the season. Just my opinion. I own Adrian Peterson but don't plan to start that bum any more this season. Too matchup dependent for me. So, I have no horse in this race unless Gurley, Bell, or Kamara go down. But I think we should let the DJ hopefuls believe what they want to believe without giving them hell. This is fantasy football. Why can't they fantasize without someone coming in and crashing the party? DJ owners, believe what you want to believe! I hope it works out for you and DJ compiles a year's worth of stats in two games. I hope the Cardinals bench Adrian Peterson and give DJ 30 plus carries per game with about 7 receptions. I hope he delivers titles to the many owners who patiently held. The guy in my league held DJ. Unfortunately, he is currently in dead last. 

Do you already have a publisher? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't really care who did or didn't draft him.  It's not like anybody that plays competitive ff is taking troll posts seriously.  You could ignore complete opinion based posts and try to get information from actual doctors: orthopedic surgeons, trainers, team doctors... etc they all have twitter accounts, and some of them respond.  Here is someone who's medical opinion is different.  The troll says 0%, and a doctor says "could return shortly".  Which is likely to be more accurate?

DJ.png.902e9e114c61071a0c8a6af66ad2c623.png

 

Edited by ap0calypse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look, I'm done here. No one knows one way or the other, but please don't post heresay in here like it's fact. Truth is NO ONE knows. 

 

While @AZCardinals don't think RB David Johnson will return, Johnson wants to play, regardless of team's record:

 

Anyone can dig up an opinion and post it like it's fact. Lastly, loosen up. I don't care if he comes back or not. Some of you are too wound up in this crap. LMAO. Carry on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  1. Considering the Cards need some help on the WR end.

    David Johnson could see a lot of involvement in the passing game when he returns.  I know it isn't the same injury but Corey Coleman is all systems go and he got injured week 2.  DJ got injured week 1 and just got his cast off.  His situation is something to follow and if he is still on waivers, your league is full of idiots!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nguvocity said:
  1. Considering the Cards need some help on the WR end.

    David Johnson could see a lot of involvement in the passing game when he returns.  I know it isn't the same injury but Corey Coleman is all systems go and he got injured week 2.  DJ got injured week 1 and just got his cast off.  His situation is something to follow and if he is still on waivers, your league is full of idiots!

 

The main difference being Corey breaks his wrist every season so he’s used to it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ap0calypse said:

I don't really care who did or didn't draft him.  It's not like anybody that plays competitive ff is taking troll posts seriously.  You could ignore complete opinion based posts and try to get information from actual doctors: orthopedic surgeons, trainers, team doctors... etc they all have twitter accounts, and some of them respond.  Here is someone who's medical opinion is different.  The troll says 0%, and a doctor says "could return shortly".  Which is likely to be more accurate?

DJ.png.902e9e114c61071a0c8a6af66ad2c623.png

 

Chao knows his stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BronXBombers51 said:

 

No one is saying ARI will rush him back before he's 100%. But if he IS 100%, there is no reason not to play him. 

 

Also Arizona is 4-5 in a conference where 9-7 probably gets a WC. I don't think they're good either, but football teams don't just give up when they're technically in the thick of it.

 

 

couple of important details you're leaving out currently they are 2 games behind currently, and don't have the tie breaker either atm, so it is really more like being 3 games  out.  they have some pretty tough matchups coming up including games again some of the top defenses in the league, JAX, LAR, and SEA.  and a tough road game in WAS.   teams that are much stronger than they are, are still fighting to get in, such as ATL, DET,  and DAL.  wildcard teams are currently 6-3.  and then you have several at 5-4, all of which are in better situations than where ARI is right now. 

 

@HOU - should win

JAX - loss

LAR - loss

TEN - can win

@WAS - can win

NYG - win

@SEA - loss

 

so even they managed to win 4 of the next 7 it puts them at 8-8, so unless you want to say both SEA and CAR are going to basically collapse in the second half or that ATL, DET, DAL can't manage to either get 3 or 4 wins in the second half.  and even if all of that did happen and SEA only got to 8-8, as long as they beat ARI at home in week 17 they would still get in over ARI.  ARI's playoff hopes are basically gone at this point.  they may not be mathematically eliminated but they are the longest of long shots at this point based on their remaining schedule, the remaining schedules of teams in front of them, and the state of the team as a whole.  they aren't in the thick of anything, they are on the outside looking in. 

 

certainly anything can happen, things can change quickly in the NFL, but they need a lot of things to fall their way to get back into this race.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love DJ, he lead me to the championship last year, and I personally will be using a waiver wire pickup for him tomorrow, but if we are being realistic, how much is he actually going to contribute? You have to think that AP is going to be at least slightly involved, if not 50% involved. Also, if AP can't run behind this line, I don't know if DJ will be able to either. His main value is going to come from PPR catching passes out of the backfield, but even still Stanton doesn't have as much of a feel/eye for check downs to DJ as Palmer did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...