NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, PistolPete87 said:

IF DJ does come back, I can only imagine that AP will still be involved to a certain extent. To what degree remains unseen. I would guess that AP will get more snaps than Williams/Ellington were getting at the beginning of the season when DJ was getting essentially every snap/touch. My best guess would be a 80/20 - 70/30 split.

I won't be playing DJ the first game back, since I have other good RB options. I want to see his & AP's role in the offense before I bench one of my other guys. 

AD would revert to the same role CJ?K had last season. Spell DJ and get a few series to run. Might see some GL carries. DJ is a match up nightmare because he can be just as productive as a receiver as he is a runner. He can easily put up 100+ receiving yards if the running game is slowed. They wouldn't have to keep running into a wall with AD if they have DJ back and the option of the passing game.

Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

DJ being activated is enough value for me.

Trust me, I hope he comes back as well and tears it up. I drafted him and would love to have him back from my IR spot, but I personally won't trust him right away when he does considering the options I already have.

If (when) David Johnson is activated, I think the most likely scenario is Peterson being cut.  Second most likely is Peterson being put in bubble wrap in case Johnson gets reinjured.  The last and least likely is Peterson maintaining the lion's share of the running back load while Johnson mixes in as a passing down back as if Johnson is some Dave Meggett mighy mite.

When Lev Bell came back, was Bell the third down/passing game back behind DeAngelo Williams?  This situation is just like that.

9 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If (when) David Johnson is activated, I think the most likely scenario is Peterson being cut.  Second most likely is Peterson being put in bubble wrap in case Johnson gets reinjured.  The last and least likely is Peterson maintaining the lion's share of the running back load while Johnson mixes in as a passing down back as if Johnson is some Dave Meggett mighy mite.

When Lev Bell came back, was Bell the third down/passing game back behind DeAngelo Williams?  This situation is just like that.

It's AP though.....

All 3.0 YPC of him.

Seems to be quite a few outlets doubting DJ even returns this year.  I wouldn't be surprised either way, but the gamer in DJ is gonna push him to get back out there.  Will be interesting to see if coaches/management will allow it.  AZ isn't going anywhere this year..

Edited by Yceman1234
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

True, Williams was the number 1 RB and he went to the bench permanently. 

Adrian Peterson will be nothing more than a backup to a fully healthy DJ.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is an optimistic AP owner in denial or hasn’t been following football for the last 3 seasons.

7 hours ago, psygolf said:

If he's healthy, the smartest thing to do would be to cut AP before he infects your young rb.

still think AP gets cut and signs with a team that lost their young stud RB early in the season, like Minnesota for example :D

2 minutes ago, dschddny said:

still think AP gets cut and signs with a team that lost their young stud RB early in the season, like Minnesota for example :D

Maybe he finally gets his Cowboy dream

Cardinals have a very winnable game this week (Houston). Put a different way, its a must-win so they can get to .500 and then anything can happen. Its possible they can win an ugly-fest against the Jaguars in Week 12 to get to 6-5. If that happens, DJ comes back in Week 13 and Palmer potentially in Week 16 if they're still in it. Everyone who wants DJ to help their fantasy team down the stretch is a Cardinals fan right now.

He'll return if his wrist gets back to 100%, regardless of the Cardinals' record, because he is one of the best players in the entire league and he's in his prime.

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic