NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

Just now, HiFantasy said:

thank god I picked up Williams couple days ago

I would honestly prefer another RB thats likely available. this isnt dallas or tennessee where the handcuff is valuable bc of the talented offensive line. dj is the only back I want in AZ

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to see the silver lining here, which is that, most people with DJ, got him via sheer luck by having the top 1 or 2 pick, but this injury scare, and possible multi-week injury, will force his lucky owners to truly appreciate his awesomeness, while waiting- and after- his return. 

Or something. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

What this thread sounds like right now...

"I think he is out just one week. Maybe two at the most. Could be 2-4 weeks. Maybe up to 8 weeks though. Who the hell knows. That's what I think"

Just now, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I'm trying to see the silver lining here, which is that, most people with DJ, got him via sheer luck by having the top 1 or 2 pick, but this injury scare, and possible multi-week injury, will force his lucky owners to truly appreciate his awesomeness, while waiting- and upon- his return. 

Or something. 

You can't appreciate his awesomeness when he's on your bench causing you to play Rex Burkhead or whoever the f***ity f--- else is riding your ******** bench.

No I am not pissed off.

1 hour ago, Joeklebba said:

I think it'd be shocking if there was a fracture at this point, these NFL teams obviously have access to the very best x-ray technology to determine if there was a break. 

In terms of recovery from ligament damage, I think 6 weeks is about the most he would be out. Hardly an expert though.

Did you not hear about the Saints and their medical staff last week? lol

1 minute ago, dakimbell said:

If he misses half of the season bc of a sprained wrist I will never be able to draft him again. I mean cmon

Never draft him again? pfff...i'm already shopping for rope, razor blades, a gun and a bottle of pain killers. I'm going out 1 way or another if he's done.

Just now, LeeVanCleef said:

Never draft him again? pfff...i'm already shopping for rope, razor blades, a gun and a bottle of pain killers. I'm going out 1 way or another if he's done.

Yea that was a bit of hyperbole, but half a season for a sprain i mean that just seems  ridiculous

2 minutes ago, Nickdoggmoneycash said:

This is why season long fantasy football is too luck dependent... Unless DJ owners hit waiver wire gold, they're likely to not make the playoffs, let alone with the whole thing.

Everyone should be unloading their FAAB on cohen

3 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Yea that was a bit of hyperbole, but half a season for a sprain i mean that just seems  ridiculous

You'd rather have him go out there with a sprained wrist that cannot grip the football properly, so he fumbles like he did on that subsequent carry when he shouldn't have been in the game anyway?

Just now, dabeesta17 said:

You'd rather have him go out there with a sprained wrist that cannot grip the football properly, so he fumbles like he did on that subsequent carry when he shouldn't have been in the game anyway?

No obviously not einstein. Just saying that seems like a ridiculous time table for a sprained wrist

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic