NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

8 hours ago, Dead Money said:

I've been using Broken Johnson as my team name all year since he went down. What do I change it to if he comes back? Bionic Johnson?

Johnson Wrist Breaker

or

Wrist Breaker Johnson

Edited by seanismorris
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, devaster said:

AD would revert to the same role CJ?K had last season. Spell DJ and get a few series to run. Might see some GL carries. DJ is a match up nightmare because he can be just as productive as a receiver as he is a runner. He can easily put up 100+ receiving yards if the running game is slowed. They wouldn't have to keep running into a wall with AD if they have DJ back and the option of the passing game.

no way. AD is a bellcow type Arians loves and much better at running that CJK or DJ. AP would be getting 12+ carries, Johnson around 10 with the catches

10 hours ago, smeeze said:

Adrian Peterson will be nothing more than a backup to a fully healthy DJ.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is an optimistic AP owner in denial or hasn’t been following football for the last 3 seasons.

people who think Johnson is some superstar at running the football haven't been following David Johnson or don't know football

5 hours ago, BarbaricEric said:

Am I the only one who thinks Arians could move AP to fullback and have both of them out on certain formations? AP is a big physical up the middle runner. DJ is a work the edge, catch and run kind of talent. Can you imagime the matchup nightmares that would create...

Adrian Peterson, at this late stage in his career, is not a matchup nightmare against quality opponents.  See the Seattle game.  But a healthy Johnson, as we saw in 2016, is essentially unstoppable regardless of scheme, formation, personel, and game flow.

6 hours ago, BarbaricEric said:

Am I the only one who thinks Arians could move AP to fullback and have both of them out on certain formations? AP is a big physical up the middle runner. DJ is a work the edge, catch and run kind of talent. Can you imagime the matchup nightmares that would create...

This is the equivalent of having two back-to-the-basket 7 footers who cannot shoot 3-pointers starting an NBA game. Just no.

6 hours ago, hines said:

people who think Johnson is some superstar at running the football haven't been following David Johnson or don't know football

He may not be the best pure runner but this is not a knock on him either. He is, however, one of the best dual threats out of the backfield and all-around RBs that has entered the league in some time. He is a superstar.  

Are there seriously people saying AP is a threat to David Johnson? AP- the guy that just averaged 1 YPC on Thursday night?

AP? The one that has been on three teams in a span of less than a season. Over DJ? The guy that had had almost 400 points in PPR last year? He's a mediocre talent?

There are some serious haters in here. And they have one thing in common- they don't own DJ.

DJ is coming back. The fact that they didn't rule him out for the season yet is telling enough. This is a football team, and they play to win. Especially in Arizona.

The team will be wanting DJ back in the worst way. He lifts up that team. There's a reason he has a C on his chest.

The Cardinals have a legit chance of beating Houston this week and while their schedule is no cakewalk the rest of the year, Seattle's is even tougher. Not to mention they play each other Week 17. They have every reason to get DJ back out there as soon as they can.

6 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Are there seriously people saying AP is a threat to David Johnson? AP- the guy that just averaged 1 YPC on Thursday night?

AP? The one that has been on three teams in a span of less than a season. Over DJ? The guy that had had almost 400 points in PPR last year? He's a mediocre talent?

There are some serious haters in here. And they have one thing in common- they don't own DJ.

DJ is coming back. The fact that they didn't rule him out for the season yet is telling enough. This is a football team, and they play to win. Especially in Arizona.

The team will be wanting DJ back in the worst way. He lifts up that team. There's a reason he has a C on his chest.

I mean David Johnson did average 2.1 ypc on 11 carries against the Lions (8th most generous rushing defense) this year. Ï own him and hope he comes back, but the blocking for the Cardinals has been rough lately. DJ averaged 4.2 on the year last year and AP averages 3.5 this year including being without Palmer and a worse line. My point is AP isn’t as bad as you make him out to be but yes DJ should assume normal starter duties although it will be difficult to be effective on that offense. 

2 minutes ago, MyDawgggg said:

I mean David Johnson did average 2.1 ypc on 11 carries against the Lions (8th most generous rushing defense) this year. Ï own him and hope he comes back, but the blocking for the Cardinals has been rough lately. DJ averaged 4.2 on the year last year and AP averages 3.5 this year including being without Palmer and a worse line. My point is AP isn’t as bad as you make him out to be but yes DJ should assume normal starter duties although it will be difficult to be effective on that offense. 

You are using one (injury shortened) game as a benchmark? AP is still a decent volume rusher but the NFL has changed much since his prime days. 

5 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

You are using one (injury shortened) game as a benchmark? AP is still a decent volume rusher but the NFL has changed much since his prime days. 

No, way too small of a sample size, I’m just making a point that DJ didn’t come out of the gate dominating albeit 11 carries. AP is still a good RB. However, I️ believe DJ takes over upon return. Just sticking up for AP. 

22 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Some of the takes I've seen on this thread are among the worst I've ever seen on these forums.  This is a cesspool. 

DJ was the #1 pick in probably the majority of leagues.  The trolls are trying to make themselves feel better about not owning him.

To try to say a healthy David Johnson is not a better player than an aging AP is ludicrous.

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic