NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Stupidest comment of year award. Congrats. 

showing you haven't followed him at all recently. he's been afraid of contact, going down quickly and averaging like 3.5 YPC recently

This is David 1st overall pick for a reason Johnson’s thread

If he is active - you are either insane or mad someone else in your league stashed him if you think he won’t go back to being the stud he is

He didn’t tear his ACL - if he’s active, must start top 5 overall player. Suggesting otherwise is lunacy. AP is garbage.

Unlike AP,  David Johnson has godly hands. Dude can catch the ball like a an above-average receiver. Guess what that means? Diversified playcalling schemes and less focus on stacking the box from opposing teams. He's not a one trick pony like that glorified fossil. 

David Johnson is an absolute animal, and with how the game is being played today in modern times, a much more covetable asset. 

I just used my #1 waiver on him, this week. I was kind of surprised no one else put a claim on him.

If he comes back and is active for the fantasy playoffs, it's a big win for me, and also keeps him away from my opponents.

17 minutes ago, hines said:

showing you haven't followed him at all recently. he's been afraid of contact, going down quickly and averaging like 3.5 YPC recently

Huh? DJ is injured and on IR. Unless you are talking about him on Madden? 

32 minutes ago, hines said:

This is going to blow your mind

The guy running the ball isn't Johnson. It's AP. Take a moment to let that sink in. It's a lot to process.

Picked this guy up today in my big 14 teamer.  I'm expecting absolutely zero here but figure he's as good of a 5th RB stash as anybody else I could've currently gotten.

I'm a little surprised this injury has taken so long and really doubt he'll back at this point.  There is little chance the Cards end up with anything to play for.

On the other hand though, this guy is a professional and the Cards are in the entertainment business to make money.  They'll make more money if they get DJ back out there and give people something to root for down the stretch.  With many big name players struggling or out already, the NFL could use a marquee player coming back.

So who knows.  Either way, I'm happy to roster him for a week or two to see how things progress and if there is any news as I know I won't get him once any "real" news starts to hit.  At this point being past bye weeks, I'm viewing it as a pretty low risk move that could be a higher reward come playoff time.

1 hour ago, hines said:

didn't you watch the video? enormous splint and can barely move it

"enormous splint" ? can barely move it? 

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-david-johnson-wrist-video-splint-1114-story.html

"it certainly shows he is on track for our projected late-November return.

The notable thing in the video is not only that Johnson got his cast off Monday but that he is in a splint that allows motion – and the motion was significant."

2 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

"enormous splint" ? can barely move it? 

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-david-johnson-wrist-video-splint-1114-story.html

"it certainly shows he is on track for our projected late-November return.

The notable thing in the video is not only that Johnson got his cast off Monday but that he is in a splint that allows motion – and the motion was significant."

Just posted the same haha

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

great minds ... it's also pretty clear he's trending towards a return and those who missed out are just salty ... sure is a shame that enormous cast is causing him to barely move huh?

His range of motion after hours of cast removal looks great, depends on pain and how he can catch the ball with a splint. 

I am on board, I've held him since the draft, no point in dropping him now!

7 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I told my league mates that if my ship sinks I'm taking DJ with me, he's GOLD if he comes back!

I don't know about the gold part but I'm taking him with me also lol.  I'd rather have him sit on my bench and not come back than to have to face him in playoffs and watch him light me up for 20 points or something.

My league is a 14 teamer with 16 man rosters though.  If it were smaller rosters or if I needed guys to play now I'd think harder about it. I'm currently in a tie for first place though and should have a playoff spot.

I've basically got the "All-Stash" team as I'm currently rostering David Johnson, Josh Gordon and G Olsen.  I'm hoping at least one of these guys pays off down the stretch.

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic