Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Funkenstein said:

He is playing ping pong tonight!!!  

 

 

If he can play ping pong he can run the football in week 11

That will be good rehabilitation...nice range of motion...ping pong is all in the wrist

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Not trying to be a buzzkill since I own this guy and desperately need him, but can’t yoy play ping pong with one hand?

I mean...we are just joking (I am, at least). 

 

Ping pong and football are not even in the same universe!! haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

"My doctor said don't make a return schedule. Becasue you never know with the wrist. You know, it's such a tricky thing. I've been in a brace for 8 weeks, it's still weak and still stiff so he said, don't make a return schedule."

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

"My doctor said don't make a return schedule. Becasue you never know with the wrist. You know, it's such a tricky thing. I've been in a brace for 8 weeks, it's still weak and still stiff so he said, don't make a return schedule."

"I can't wait to get out there, I'm counting down the days."

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Proto24 said:

"I can't wait to get out there, I'm counting down the days."

 

Yes, I prefer that quote too.  Haha.

 

It would been nearly impossible for it not to be "stiff and weak" at this point.   Still more likely that he doesn't return but holding out hope.   I ask my league Commish if he could add a flex position for the playoffs, just in case. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't look like he was doing much with the left hand to me. 

 

Holding out hope and have him stashed but I really don't feel like he'll be back this year.  If if by some small chance he does play, most likely won't even be worth starting except as a desperation play.

 

Still holding though and figuring we're bound to get a little more clarity on his outlook over the next couple weeks.  

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jcpitm said:

Is it true DJ said he is out for the year last night? ESPN put out an article saying so. 

I know you misread the article because there would be news about this everywhere if it were true

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jcpitm said:

 

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/257581/david-johnson-making-progress-with-wrist-cant-predict-return-date

 

"I was excited to come back this year" Didn't say that precisely but that's what it sounds like. tears......

He means he was excited to come back this year after the injury he had last year at the end of the season... Completely disagree with your interpretation of the quote

Link to post
Share on other sites

David Johnson (injured reserve) said his surgically-repaired wrist is "still pretty weak."

"I’m pretty stiff. I’m still getting the range of motion," Johnson said. "But I'm making progress." Johnson had his cast removed this week, but he still has stitches in which complicate his rehab. Johnson said he hopes to return "soon," but it seems unlikely he will be back in time to help fantasy owners this season.
 
 
Source: ESPN
Nov 16 - 12:18 PM
Link to post
Share on other sites

After seeing the ping pong video last night and hearing some of his responses, no idea how some of these writers, including the ESPN and Rotoworld ones, can immediately interpret ambivalent responses as a clear sign he won't be back. From what I gathered, the dude has made some incredible progress and would love to play some football this season.  He seems extremely eager to get out there and get some action. Sure it might be too optimistic to assume he'll be back, but it still seems there's a decent possibility that he might. Totally worth a stash - if not to use, then to completely eliminate the chance your opponent might be able to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why wouldn't the stitches still be there? He had surgery, he got stitched up, then the cast put on. I imagine the stitches will come out soon.

 

I''m still holding. These RW blurbs sometimes are so off the mark. Anybody dropping on this news?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, J Boogie said:

After seeing the ping pong video last night and hearing some of his responses, no idea how some of these writers, including the ESPN and Rotoworld ones, can immediately interpret ambivalent responses as a clear sign he won't be back. From what I gathered, the dude has made some incredible progress and would love to play some football this season.  He seems extremely eager to get out there and get some action. Sure it might be too optimistic to assume he'll be back, but it still seems there's a decent possibility that he might. Totally worth a stash - if not to use, then to completely eliminate the chance your opponent might be able to do so.

 

What do you mean he's "made some incredible progress?"  He's made no more progress in the amount of time he's had than I did when I shattered my left wrist at age 20, and all I did that summer was coach a baseball team and learn to play video games with one hand (those N64 controllers had a funny shape - it was quite a feat).  He has made no more progress than any young man (pro athlete or not) would have been expected to make.  Professional athletes are not made of adamantium; they are human.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

 

  He has made no more progress than any young man (pro athlete or not) would have been expected to make.  Professional athletes are not made of adamantium; they are human.

 

Yeah, humans that make millions of dollars and have access to top notch medical treatment, rehab facilities and a team of doctors. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, J Boogie said:

After seeing the ping pong video last night and hearing some of his responses, no idea how some of these writers, including the ESPN and Rotoworld ones, can immediately interpret ambivalent responses as a clear sign he won't be back. From what I gathered, the dude has made some incredible progress and would love to play some football this season.  He seems extremely eager to get out there and get some action. Sure it might be too optimistic to assume he'll be back, but it still seems there's a decent possibility that he might. Totally worth a stash - if not to use, then to completely eliminate the chance your opponent might be able to do so.

 

Yea a lot of people seem to be misinterpreting the point of a stash like this.  The argument isn't whether or not he is going to play or not going to play, as it is unlikely he does play.  It is whether rostering an IR stud RB (even if he really only has a < 5% chance to play) is worth the risk of dropping your bench WR or RB you used for bye-week fill-ins in the event you have a top 3 RB in playoffs.  Assuming you are in the playoffs or extremely likely to make playoffs, then the answer seems like a yes to me.

Edited by ap0calypse
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...