NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Are we happy today or sad? Yesterday was happy

Im happy......not because of any news that DJ might be back, but just glad that the Zeke case finally has closure and my two teams are competitive and could make the playoffs. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is on IR, when does the team have to make a decision of whether or not he is one of the designated to return players?

Obviously if that day passes and he's still on IR, then we abandon all hope and drop him back to waivers.

But until then, I'm holding with all my fingers and toes crossed that this man will be my playoff savior.

The reporting on this has been very weak in terms of the NFL rules.  In past years, even if the team designates the i.r. player as a return player, there is a window where they can practice, and the team can still change their mind.  Follow the Danny Woodhead sequence, that will give a better indication of how the rule operates.  Obviously Woodhead is closer to a return (possibly this week) than David Johnson.

On 11/16/2017 at 3:43 PM, CooL said:

If he is on IR, when does the team have to make a decision of whether or not he is one of the designated to return players?

Obviously if that day passes and he's still on IR, then we abandon all hope and drop him back to waivers.

But until then, I'm holding with all my fingers and toes crossed that this man will be my playoff savior.

Pretty sure they have 21 days to decide.

Just now, boredster said:

came here for this.... but i've seen nothing since the ping pong interview.

Dr. Chao was saying it could be a "Happy Thanksgiving for DJ Owners and the Cardinals" in an article awhile ago.  My gut feeling doesn't feel like that will come true.  We would be hearing some practice reports or something by now

1 minute ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Dr. Chao was saying it could be a "Happy Thanksgiving for DJ Owners and the Cardinals" in an article awhile ago.  My gut feeling doesn't feel like that will come true.  We would be hearing some practice reports or something by now

been following dr. chao's thoughts on this matter closely... Choa thought he could be playing in as little as 2 weeks after removing the cast (would basically be this sunday)... but it's been radio silence from ARZ... and DJ commented last thursday his wrist was still weak and his doctor wont let him put a timetable on it... :huh:

Arizona just lost what was basically a must-win game against a terrible Houston team.  They are now two full games out of a playoff spot and still have no quarterback and a poor offensive line.  I think any chance for a David Johnson return died yesterday when old man Peterson got stuffed on that 4th down run.

I think their QB played pretty well all things considered.  Rams lost yesterday, Seahawks might lose tonight and even if they don't they are getting really hurt by injuries.

Still hoping he comes back.

8 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Arizona just lost what was basically a must-win game against a terrible Houston team.  They are now two full games out of a playoff spot and still have no quarterback and a poor offensive line.  I think any chance for a David Johnson return died yesterday when old man Peterson got stuffed on that 4th down run.

Do we have any evidence of a team sitting a player that is cleared by team doctors and thus considered "healthy" actually sitting?  I can think of several players who shouldn't have continued to play still playing.  This isn't like a throwing arm injury that could ruin a QB's career. 

That said, Cardinals still have 0.7% chance to make playoffs, still an easy hold if you have an IR spot.

14 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

This argument has been debated to death. Last thing Cardinals want is what happened down the road. Eric Bledsoe 2.0

Unbelievable!!!  Who would have though that Palmer has a better chance of returning before David Johnson.  Just unreal!

Carson Palmer (broken arm, injured reserve) recently had his cast removed.

It's a step in the right direction, though Palmer is still weeks away from a potential return. A best-case scenario would be Week 16. It's possible starting Weeks 16 and 17 would be a victory lap for Palmer for a long and successful career before he retires from football.
6 minutes ago, BronXBombers51 said:

Andre Ellington has been waived. I have no idea if that has anything to do with DJ's impending return, but I suppose it's as relevant as anything being discussed as we wait for real news.

I came to post about this. It probably means nothing. Or it can mean everything. 

1 hour ago, atrain504 said:

Unbelievable!!!  Who would have though that Palmer has a better chance of returning before David Johnson.  Just unreal!

Carson Palmer (broken arm, injured reserve) recently had his cast removed.

It's a step in the right direction, though Palmer is still weeks away from a potential return. A best-case scenario would be Week 16. It's possible starting Weeks 16 and 17 would be a victory lap for Palmer for a long and successful career before he retires from football.

Who said he has a better chance? This seems like the same update that we got on Johnson a week ago when he got his cast off.

Good stuff, thanks for posting.  It's never been a guarantee that David Johnson returns in 2017.  I will hold until he is officially out for the season.

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic