NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This urban guy is a writer employed by the Cardinals franchise. 

If you take a step back and re evaluate all of the recent reports, there has not been a single indication coming from the team that David Johnson is returning or is even close to returning. About the only thing is Dr. Chao commenting he could play with a splint.... No other actual sourced reporting David is close to a return. I'll keep waiting and hoping

I'm going to hold until the bitter end.  I don't care if it looks like he has a 1% chance of coming back.  I just don't want somebody else to have him in case he does.

4 minutes ago, CooL said:

I'm going to hold until the bitter end.  I don't care if it looks like he has a 1% chance of coming back.  I just don't want somebody else to have him in case he does.

I'm doing the same with Zeke. No way am I giving Zeke to a championship roster if I for some reason don't make it.

6 minutes ago, boredster said:

you'd think any tidbit on DJ would hit one of the fantasy websites, but this is the first i am hearing BA even mentioned DJ at yesterday's presser.

Who knows? Feeling more pessimistic by the day. If I don't have resolution by end of week 13, he's dropsville.

26 minutes ago, alleyce said:

https://www.google.com/amp/arizonasports.com/story/1312601/keim-time-blaine-gabbert-budda-baker-ir-cardinals/amp/

Cardinals GM acknowledges team may not even name him as an IR return player. They have 2 spots and 5 potential guy to use it on. Sounds like it will be used on whoever is ready to contribute first. 

So in that scenario there will be clarity sooner than later?

32 minutes ago, alleyce said:

https://www.google.com/amp/arizonasports.com/story/1312601/keim-time-blaine-gabbert-budda-baker-ir-cardinals/amp/

Cardinals GM acknowledges team may not even name him as an IR return player. They have 2 spots and 5 potential guy to use it on. Sounds like it will be used on whoever is ready to contribute first. 

Nice find but the article is a week old.  

Torn about whether to drop him to pick up a defense with good playoff matchups or Kupp to help me win this week.  One more win and I should lock up a bye. I'm holding him only to prevent an opponent from using him against me in the playoffs but seems increasingly less likely.    Of course if I cut him overnight, there will surely be a blurb on Rotoworld expecting him to start practicing next week.

14 minutes ago, Patsgofor6 said:

Torn about whether to drop him to pick up a defense with good playoff matchups or Kupp to help me win this week.  One more win and I should lock up a bye. I'm holding him only to prevent an opponent from using him against me in the playoffs but seems increasingly less likely.    Of course if I cut him overnight, there will surely be a blurb on Rotoworld expecting him to start practicing next week.

Id easily rather have a bye than someone with a 1/10 chance of contributing

4 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

This guy is burning a hole through my bench.  I really thought we would hear my reports by now.  Wonder when we could expect to hear something?

Yeah that's the worst part. You figured with him he'd either be on track or not, but now they are just keeping it under-wraps for whatever reason.

This is looking ugly.  I dropped him in one league and still holding on in another.  Trying to hedge my bet lol.

He's not practicing or anything.  I mean, even if he were cleared to return to practice tomorrow he'd probably be a good week or two away from actually playing.  And I don't think he's within a week or two of even getting cleared to practice since we've heard nothing.

I'll probably give it one more week and cut bait next week if there is still no news. 

Pretty disappointing as I really thought he could get back this year.  I figured he'd heal enough to get to the point where they could soft cast it up or something and get him out there playing.  Maybe the story would be different if the Cards had a better record and circumstances.

As it stands, it seems almost pointless to bring him back. 

1 minute ago, tts42572 said:

This is looking ugly.  I dropped him in one league and still holding on in another.  Trying to hedge my bet lol.

He's not practicing or anything.  I mean, even if he were cleared to return to practice tomorrow he'd probably be a good week or two away from actually playing.  And I don't think he's within a week or two of even getting cleared to practice since we've heard nothing.

I'll probably give it one more week and cut bait next week if there is still no news. 

Pretty disappointing as I really thought he could get back this year.  I figured he'd heal enough to get to the point where they could soft cast it up or something and get him out there playing.  Maybe the story would be different if the Cards had a better record and circumstances.

As it stands, it seems almost pointless to bring him back. 

If the Cardinals won the last two weeks I would have a different feeling.  I am just not buying his whole theory of not caring if they are in contention and still playing this year.  You have to think logically that Arizona has a vested interest in David Johnson.  He is one of the best, if not the best, running back in the league.  Imagine how foolish it would look to rush DJ back and he tears his ACL or re aggravates the wrist in a meaningless game?  If you are in control of management no way you risk your franchise player.  

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic