NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

1 minute ago, ColoWrex said:

happy thanksgiving DJ owners :(

the team hasn't budged on this over the last few weeks... they've offered nothing that would suggest he is expected back anytime soon.... but i will persist in using a roster spot on him

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, boredster said:

happy thanksgiving DJ owners :(

the team hasn't budged on this over the last few weeks... they've offered nothing that would suggest he is expected back anytime soon.... but i will persist in using a roster spot on him

Your league mates thank you for doing so

I want to see a tweet from DJ himself before I drop. At this point, what other RB would I drop him for? Elijah McGuire, McKissic, or that guy named Byron Maxwell isn't going to win me the ship. 

Edited by CooL
2 minutes ago, CooL said:

I want to see a tweet from DJ himself before I drop. At this point, what other RB would I drop him for? Elijah McGuire, McKissic, or that guy named Byron Maxwell isn't going to win me the ship. 

Coulda had Engram off the waivers if you dropped DJ post injury like the sharps did

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Coulda had Engram off the waivers if you dropped DJ post injury like the sharps did

Huh? I just picked up this cat a few weeks ago when news that his cast was coming off. Looking for a spark to my pathetic RB stable.

Edited by CooL

I think this is pretty clear news.

The coach says he isn't coming back.  The Cards record is bad enough that they're out of it.  DJ hasn't appeared even close to getting back to practice yet.  He'd be at least a week or two away from the moment he was cleared to practice.  At this point it would be Week 15 or Week 16 at the very best and the chances of that are remote.  Who would even want to start DJ in a fantasy playoff game even if he did somehow play after such a long layoff with the Cards season being over and in a timeshare with AP?  

I only picked him up a couple weeks ago in hopes of hearing more news so don't have a big cost in him.  And every sign from Cardinals brass has been that DJ isn't playing again this year.  

30 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Welp, off to the Aaron Rodgers thread boys

The Josh Gordon Thread welcomes all as well. Only 40% owned in yahoo...Come over...we over there like...

lsu-dancing-fan.gif

Edited by nonstopfan
On 11/10/2017 at 1:11 AM, meh2 said:

As a physical therapist I have a hard time believing he comes back this year and makes a significant impact in fantasy leagues. Given how long he was casted, he is going to have to spend several weeks just working on range of motion and strengthening exercises. After that he's still looking at several weeks to get in game shape. The team doctors will need to be very confident that his arm can take a hit and he can protect himself when falling. My prediction is they either hold him out all season or he returns week 16 or so with a snap count.

On 11/10/2017 at 4:55 AM, Patsgofor6 said:

As a physician and son of a hand surgeon, I'd like to kindly request that you stop writing out of your arse.  We're talking about a 25-year-old, 225 pound beast, not a soccer mom with little baseline muscle mass who slips on some ice.   The facilities, staff and therapies available to NFL players far exceeds what is available to the general public.  NFL players have played with a cast after the same injury in the past, while others have returned as soon as three weeks after cast removal.  Certain individuals simply heal faster and recover more quickly than others, we don't know why. 

The reality is what Johnson stated in the latest MMQB article....until the cast comes of and they assess the degree of atrophy and his range of motion, not even his personal surgeons know what the timeframe will be.   I believe that the Cards have been intentionally pessimistic, in order to protect DJ.    

As for getting into game shape, your timetable is a bit absurd, if "several" means anything more than 3.  The player himself admitted that he team has had to pull back the reins on his workouts.  His timeframe for "game shape" should be significantly less than a player with a lower body injury.  

Ultimately, in my opinion, he will physically be ready for week 14 but they still may not let him play.  I'm remain hopeful while accepting the possibility that stashing him won't work out.  We should have more clarity after Monday, or certainly within the next 2 weeks.  I can wait.  

PS.  If you are that pessimistic about his return, you must not own him, which begs the question - why are you posting in this thread?

On 11/10/2017 at 9:44 AM, PlayTheWaivers said:

Are you the team doctor?

I find it extremely hard to believe that David Johnson spent the entire offseason training, shredding himself, sacrificing everything he could, so that he could go down in Week 1. He is hell bent to return to the field, and he will when gets the chance.

I'm convinced he's playing on Thanksgiving weekend or the weekend after. He's an extremely hard worker.

On 11/10/2017 at 9:47 AM, MyDawgggg said:

No he’s a physical therapist who works with people 3 or more times older than DJ. He knows how NFL players rehab, mainly from the knowledge acquired thanks to his neighbor’s great grandfather. 

Anything to say now?

6 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Anything to say now?

Yeah. People hate self-aggrandizing, pat myself on the back, "look at me!" posts.

If he had come back, would you come in here and admit you were wrong?

Time I guess to pick up some stab in the dark RB just to fill the spot. Sigh, thought this guy was going to take me to the ship.

Lmao as an aspiring physical therapy student.. the disrespect people give to physical therapists is astounding. Physical therapy requires a doctorate degree and to be relegated as either a "personal trainer" or someone who "helps old people" is pretty sad.

12 minutes ago, CooL said:

Yeah. People hate self-aggrandizing, pat myself on the back, "look at me!" posts.

If he had come back, would you come in here and admit you were wrong?

Time I guess to pick up some stab in the dark RB just to fill the spot. Sigh, thought this guy was going to take me to the ship.

Well, @meh2 tried to give his professional opinion as a PT to all of you biased in-denial David Johnson owners, and you all attacked him for it, making a**hole comments. There was nothing wrong with his original post.

I'm sure he wouldn't have felt the need to revisit the discussion if you guys didn't act like huge Richards in the first place with your belittling responses.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
  • tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic