Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

 

Well, @meh2 tried to give his professional opinion as a PT to all of you biased in-denial David Johnson owners, and you all attacked him for it, making a**hole comments. There was nothing wrong with his original post.

 

I'm sure he wouldn't have felt the need to revisit the discussion if you guys didn't act like huge Richards in the first place with your belittling responses.

Yes, this. I've found these forums to be a very valuable source of information for several years and every now and then I try to contribute something in return. It usually is something injury-related as I've been a PT in orthopedics for over 15 years. But after this, I will just keep my opinions to myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meh2 said:

 

 

 

 

Anything to say now?

 

 

42 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

 

Well, @meh2 tried to give his professional opinion as a PT to all of you biased in-denial David Johnson owners, and you all attacked him for it, making a**hole comments. There was nothing wrong with his original post.

 

I'm sure he wouldn't have felt the need to revisit the discussion if you guys didn't act like huge Richards in the first place with your belittling responses.

 

B-b-but he’s a professional athlete so he can heal faster!

 

the delusion itt. Don’t listen to these tards @meh2, you were spot on in your assessment and the more info the better

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruce Arians talking out of his nether regions is the definitive word on David Johnson's return now?  Until AZ designates two other i.r. players to return, I'll be holding.

 

As for PT v. Orthopedists v. hand surgeons v. disgraced former NFL team doctors, it all has just been speculation because none have closely examined or treated Mr. Johnson's dislocated wrist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Bruce Arians talking out of his nether regions is the definitive word on David Johnson's return now?  Until AZ designates two other i.r. players to return, I'll be holding.

 

As for PT v. Orthopedists v. hand surgeons v. disgraced former NFL team doctors, it all has just been speculation because none have closely examined or treated Mr. Johnson's dislocated wrist.

 

Reminder: players themselves posting optimistic tweets are in no way indicative of their probability of returning to the playing field

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

 

Reminder: players themselves posting optimistic tweets are in no way indicative of their probability of returning to the playing field

I agree.  Whether they practice in full or not is the primary indication of where they are in their recovery.  Everything else is just words.

 

The fact that Johnson has not returned to practice is a bad sign.  But not yet definitive.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's news brings me great disappointment. Despite everyone telling me he likely wouldn't return, my third overall pick sat on my roster, clogging up potential production. I passed on many players due to roster restrictions. The wind has escaped my sails and the ship is officially sinking. I guess this is what happens when you play with the heart instead of the head. Lesson learned. - Anonymous DJ owner

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, meh2 said:

 

 

 

 

Anything to say now?

 

 

Yes, you should have studied harder in school and gone to medical school.   

 

We still don't have any idea what is really going on behind the scenes with DJ.  Arians and the front office are realistic enough to know that the Cards will not be making the playoffs, which means there is no reason to bring DJ back this year.  Do you actually believe that NFL coaches tell the truth about injuries to the press, unless they have no choice?   If they were 6-4, not 4-6, would Johnson have  been "coming along slowly" or "making some progress" according to Arians?  

 

Plus, did you miss the part that he wasn't making the "EXPECTED progress".   For arguments sake, let's pretend that the head coach was actually telling the truth about an injury for once. He is saying that the team physicians expected him to progress more quickly, based upon their experience with other players who suffered similar injuries.  So you were still talking out of your arse, as you were talking in generalities about the anticipated recovery from his injuries.  Be honest, and be careful because God is watching, have you ever personally treated a patient with the same injury that DJ suffered?  

 

You've returned here like a preening peacock because you feel like you've been vindicated.  Go nuts, if that makes you feel better, but the reality is that the only clarity that we have now is that we can cut him from our fantasy teams and move on to the next long shot....Rodgers in my case.  I'm personally relieved that I don't have to use a roster spot on him anymore, just to keep him away from an opponent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Patsgofor6 said:

 

Yes, you should have studied harder in school and gone to medical school.   

 

We still don't have any idea what is really going on behind the scenes with DJ.  Arians and the front office are realistic enough to know that the Cards will not be making the playoffs, which means there is no reason to bring DJ back this year.  Do you actually believe that NFL coaches tell the truth about injuries to the press, unless they have no choice?   If they were 6-4, not 4-6, would Johnson have  been "coming along slowly" or "making some progress" according to Arians?  

 

Plus, did you miss the part that he wasn't making the "EXPECTED progress".   For arguments sake, let's pretend that the head coach was actually telling the truth about an injury for once. He is saying that the team physicians expected him to progress more quickly, based upon their experience with other players who suffered similar injuries.  So you were still talking out of your arse, as you were talking in generalities about the anticipated recovery from his injuries.  Be honest, and be careful because God is watching, have you ever personally treated a patient with the same injury that DJ suffered?  

 

You've returned here like a preening peacock because you feel like you've been vindicated.  Go nuts, if that makes you feel better, but the reality is that the only clarity that we have now is that we can cut him from our fantasy teams and move on to the next long shot....Rodgers in my case.  I'm personally relieved that I don't have to use a roster spot on him anymore, just to keep him away from an opponent. 

Happy Thanksgiving, doc! Your patients must really love your bedside manner!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, lolcopter said:

 

 

B-b-but he’s a professional athlete so he can heal faster!

 

the delusion itt. Don’t listen to these tards @meh2, you were spot on in your assessment and the more info the better

 

You still don't seem to understand the point of this stash...  Whether you are right or wrong about DJ playing this season is irrelevant.  Nobody is saying you should stash him over valuable starting lineup players.  If you are playoff bound, then your bench should consist of matchup DST/QB plays and lottery tickets that will win you the league.  You don't need backend depth or handcuffs in most situations after bye weeks complete.  DJ is a lottery ticket and even if his odds of playing go down with every blurb, he still has a chance, however slight, to come off IR and make an impact.  At this point, people can probably stash other lottery tickets who don't have an IR spot in their league, but he is one the best IR plays available.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the thing, he doesn't have a chance of coming back at all, and you're just wasting your time and furthering your own delusion.

 

Welcome to Rotoworld, where actual strategy doesn't exist, and everyone just holds on to every injured player for dear life because they could be "league winners".

Edited by lolcopter
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m holding but I’m not doing it because I expect him to play. In the two leagues I have IR spots he is like my team mascot and brings out the best in them.

 

If for some unexpected reason I need my IR spot or if anyone does not have an IR spot I would advise dropping immediately and pouring some out for our dead homie.

 

See ya next year hombre.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't the quote "at this point, nobody as expected back"?  So doesn't that mean if he makes some amazing progress that he could come back?  Or are we just resigned to the fact that it's week 11, and if he was coming back he would be practicing?

 

I've dropped for another lotto ticket but I still am unclear why everyone thinks 100% there is no chance he is coming back.  Is there some official move the Cardinals have to make to put the nail in the coffin in his season?  What is the deadline for naming somebody IR-designated to return?  Is there one?  Until the team calls back 2 players, then there is always the possibility?

Link to post
Share on other sites

So much hate in this thread, everyone should just agree to disagree, the decision on how long you should have held him this year depends highly on your team's situation (IR availability, league size, current record.) So everyone that's arguing exactly how it should be done, aren't realizing not everyone is playing in the same league setting or team as them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When Johnson was first injured, the official word was an 8-12 week time table.  We are not even past the high end of that time table.

 

As stated, if AZ recalls 2 others from IR, it is over.  Until then, it is not official.  Arians has every reason to conceal what is actually going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

saw a pic of him and his family on his twitter.  looks like the soft cast is off

If he can make a claw hand, he can grab a football!!!

 

 

https://twitter.com/DavidJohnson31/status/933916054211895296

 

 

He looks healthy and strong in that pic.  The loss of Johnson has impacted Arizona in ways similarly to the loss of Elliott did Dallas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

saw a pic of him and his family on his twitter.  looks like the soft cast is off

If he can make a claw hand, he can grab a football!!!

 

 

https://twitter.com/DavidJohnson31/status/933916054211895296

 

 

 

7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

He looks healthy and strong in that pic.  The loss of Johnson has impacted Arizona in ways similarly to the loss of Elliott did Dallas.

 

On 11/22/2017 at 4:05 PM, lolcopter said:

 

Reminder: players themselves posting optimistic tweets are in no way indicative of their probability of returning to the playing field

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...