NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Big win for the Cardinals over Jacksonville.  Some of the teams ahead of Arizona for the WC spot are in free-fall.  Heal up quick, young man!

I would love it if he comes back since I am stuck with him as a keeper but I think the Rams will slaughter the Cards next week. I think we basically need a miracle to happen for DJ to make a return.

Arizona is not at all afraid of the Rams.  Arians knows how to coach against that team.  I expect a very close, tough game.

What we really need is for Johnson to start practicing.  Limited, red no contact jersey, it doesn't matter.   I hope he can get out there soon.

6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Arizona is not at all afraid of the Rams.  Arians knows how to coach against that team.  I expect a very close, tough game.

What we really need is for Johnson to start practicing.  Limited, red no contact jersey, it doesn't matter.   I hope he can get out there soon.

Maybe this week he practices on a limited basis!!!

before they even talk practice, we haven't even gotten progress reports of strengthening his wrist, which by some reports say will take some time because he was in a cast for so long.  at least with Rodgers there are reports he is doing light throwing and progressing, it has been radio silence for DJ with the exception of the coach saying he probably won't play.  i would expect a few blurbs here and there about something by now as far as physical activity goes

Agree with the above posts. It’s all fine and dandy that the cards won and then being playoff relevant is certainly something of note but the lack of information either good or bad is concerning.

Like I said before DJ is firmly planted in my IR spot ROS just in case but I’m not holding my breath at this point.

edit: could y’all imagine having a healthy DJ, Kamara and Flash Gordon for the playoffs?  I hope that dream becomes a reality.

Edited by 1st DownSyndrome
1 hour ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

Agree with the above posts. It’s all fine and dandy that the cards won and then being playoff relevant is certainly something of note but the lack of information either good or bad is concerning.

Like I said before DJ is firmly planted in my IR spot ROS just in case but I’m not holding my breath at this point.

edit: could y’all imagine having a healthy DJ, Kamara and Flash Gordon for the playoffs?  I hope that dream becomes a reality.

Part of the reason I traded for Zeke.  After DJ went down, I had a dream of starting them as my two RBs post thanksgiving.  Oh well.  

30 minutes ago, cjw99 said:

How can he be this soft I don't get it. Being behind schedule on a wrist injury is pathetic especially when his team is still in contention. 

The man can't control how fast a complicated injury heals.  To say Johnson is soft is to ignore the overwhelming evidence from the last three years.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The man can't control how fast a complicated injury heals.  To say Johnson is soft is to ignore the overwhelming evidence from the last three years.

He's still behind schedule on a wrist injury that's pretty soft for a teams star player 

59 minutes ago, cjw99 said:

How can he be this soft I don't get it. Being behind schedule on a wrist injury is pathetic especially when his team is still in contention. 

Lol.  Yeah it's all in his head.  He obviously just doesn't want to play.  Riiiiight.

1 hour ago, cjw99 said:

I had almost this exact injury (mine was probably a bit worse).  Trust me, recovery time has nothing to do with "toughness," "softness," "will," etc.  It has to do with how fast the human body can grow a strong and healthy bone.  

everything from the team has indicated he will  not be returning, really the only thing that is out there is that Dr. Chao stated it is possible he can play with a splint... but DJ's comments from 2 weeks ago indicated DJ's dr. said not to put a timetable on it.

even arians comments last week left a door open (if you are a glass half full guy) when he stated "AT THIS TIME" no IR players will be returning.

3 hours ago, cjw99 said:

He dislocated his wrist there tough guy. Let’s see your recovery time for that

28 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

He dislocated his wrist there tough guy. Let’s see your recovery time for that

I dislocated and broke my hand in construction, didnt miss a day of work. I also partially tore my mcl, missed no time for that either while continuing to play hockey. Both those times I wasnt getting paid nearly what DJ is sitting on the bench nursing himself. Gotta have heart and drive in whatever you do. Doesnt help cardinals even though are close have no real chance this year. 

Edit: And unlike my job then, the cardinals arent going to rush him back for this season regardless of our fantasy hopes and dreams. Too much on the line for a franchise back.

Edited by Zekepeak86
6 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I dislocated and broke my hand in construction, didnt miss a day of work. I also partially tore my mcl, missed no time for that either while continuing to play hockey. Both those times I wasnt getting paid nearly what DJ is sitting on the bench nursing himself. Gotta have heart and drive in whatever you do. Doesnt help cardinals even though are close have no real chance this year. 

Edit: And unlike my job then, the cardinals arent going to rush him back for this season regardless of our fantasy hopes and dreams. Too much on the line for a franchise back.

Was your hand getting smacked every 5 minutes? Did you have to run around with a large object in it and if it fell out you'd cost your company?

MCL comparison is also terrible. It's not the same injury whatsoever nor is it the same situation. In fact, the only thing it has in common is that it's an injury. False equivalence fallacy in full blast mate.

Edited by Gohawks
3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Was your hand getting smacked every 5 minutes? Did you have to run around with a large object in it and if it fell out you'd cost your company?

MCL comparison is also terrible. It's not the same injury whatsoever nor is it the same situation. In fact, the only thing it has in common is that it's an injury. False equivalence fallacy in full blast mate.

Actually while it was broke I was hanging ceiling sheet rock at the time on scaffolding 3 stories up. 3/4 inch sheetrock is pretty heavy to haul around. Also was doing drywall finishing which is all hand/wrist motions. Im just saying, you can work through what you want if you choose.  Your team/boss allowing you is different especially since they are contracted businessmen pretty much.

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic