NBC Sports EDGE Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

elite

3 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Actually while it was broke I was hanging ceiling sheet rock at the time on scaffolding 3 stories up. 3/4 inch sheetrock is pretty heavy to haul around. Also was doing drywall finishing which is all hand/wrist motions. Im just saying, you can work through what you want if you choose.  Your team/boss allowing you is different especially since they are contracted businessmen pretty much.

I hope you don't mind my saying so, but those are really dumb things to be doing with a broken hand.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Actually while it was broke I was hanging ceiling sheet rock at the time on scaffolding 3 stories up. 3/4 inch sheetrock is pretty heavy to haul around. Also was doing drywall finishing which is all hand/wrist motions. Im just saying, you can work through what you want if you choose.  Your team/boss allowing you is different especially since they are contracted businessmen pretty much.

No you can't. You're comparing two injuries in two entirely different fields to

justify a guys toughness. You didn't have to run full speed with something in your hand and carry a risk of having that hand get rammed into at full speed. The fact that this even needs to be explained is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

I hope you don't mind my saying so, but those are really dumb things to be doing with a broken hand.

hey, it was a union job in NYC making $50/hr. I wasnt passing that up.

@GohawksTrue I didnt run full speed getting my hand knocked around, but I skated on Ice with ligaments in my knee that were not fully sound. Either way idc. You get paid millions, you gut it out if its the best interest in the team if your able to. LIke I said, i would be surprised if cardinals let him try regardless of his own desires with how much they are paid to perform.

Edited by Zekepeak86

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

Nah it shows how much of a bad a** you are. I once boxed 30 minutes after a concussion just so everyone can know I'm tough and alpha.

25 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I dislocated and broke my hand in construction, didnt miss a day of work. I also partially tore my mcl, missed no time for that either while continuing to play hockey. Both those times I wasnt getting paid nearly what DJ is sitting on the bench nursing himself. Gotta have heart and drive in whatever you do. Doesnt help cardinals even though are close have no real chance this year. 

Edit: And unlike my job then, the cardinals arent going to rush him back for this season regardless of our fantasy hopes and dreams. Too much on the line for a franchise back.

and I’ve fractured both of my wrists at separate times and was only casted for 4 weeks each, woopdeedoo

doing a job you’re paid to do is one thing. Protecting your multi-million dollar investment as an organization is a complete different one. DJ gets no bonus for “toughing it out” and any butthurt fantasy owner in here telling him to “man up” and just play is just being an idiot

Well I once kept a stiff upper lip and finished my filet mignon without complaint even though my server brought me a salad fork instead of a dinner fork, but we all have our trials and tribulations to face.

Back to David Johnson, I agree that Arians's "at this time" statement left just a little bit of wiggle room. There is still a full month left in the fantasy season...

Edited by SharkSwimmer

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

and I’ve fractured both of my wrists at separate times and was only casted for 4 weeks each, woopdeedoo

doing a job you’re paid to do is one thing. Protecting your multi-million dollar investment as an organization is a complete different one. DJ gets no bonus for “toughing it out” and any butthurt fantasy owner in here telling him to “man up” and just play is just being an idiot

I agree, thats why i said that they wouldnt risk him twice already. I dont own DJ. If I owned him, I wouldve tried to trade him 5-7 weeks back to a team clearly leading to see if I can get something in return before news comes out or it gets closer to knowing he will miss the whole year. Now, most of you are stuck either dropping him for nothing or holding for a chance he can make it back in the next week or two, bench him for his first game to see his usage and performance before trotting him out for a do or die championship/playoff week.

This just illustrates the difference between us normal working class schlubs and multi-millionaire athletes. Could he play if the rent money was on the line? Yeah, probably. But it ain't like that. It's a business, and business wise it makes no sense to play him this year. Though I hope against hope. I've held on to him this long dropping him would be stupid at this point, there ain't nothing on the waiver wire in a 14 team league so the 1% chance is better than nothing.

To have a shot we need the Cards to keep winning.

1 hour ago, azeri98 said:

They will be out of the playoff hunt after this week, no point bringing him back, they have a back up QB whats the point? Just asking for trouble

Not a Zona fan so I have no clue.  But really depends on if Arians job is secure.  Unlike Mccarthy with GB who has a superbowl ring(part of reason I don't see Rodgers coming back when they are out).  Arians has had two down seasons and could be coaching to save his job.  

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

Not a Zona fan so I have no clue.  But really depends on if Arians job is secure.  Unlike Mccarthy with GB who has a superbowl ring(part of reason I don't see Rodgers coming back when they are out).  Arians has had two down seasons and could be coaching to save his job.  

He should be fired. He’s a complete moron when it comes to clock management 

On 11/28/2017 at 4:33 PM, lolcopter said:

He should be fired. He’s a complete moron when it comes to clock management 

Luckily, he's probably gone after this year. Let's just hope the Cardinals don't make playoffs this year, because if he doesn't leave on his own will, then that could secure him another year.

Edited by leesanity7

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

This thread is approaching Mcfadden level delusion (although DJ is good at least)

its not happening 

Approaching? I feel like it's been relatively negative for a while now

2 hours ago, boredster said:

they did, last week... but it wasnt done done... since they offered a sliver of hope when they used the phrase "as of today"

I know.  But saying they don't think he will play and none of the IR players are making fast progress isn't the same as he's done.  Guess I'm just dumb but I held him this long so I will delusional and hold out hope until told otherwise

[As a mod, I think that as long as people aren't attacking each other or violating the rules in some other way, I see no reason to lock the thread.  And as always, if you want to bring a thread to our attention, please use the "report post" function rather than cluttering the thread with this meta-discussion of whether the thread should be locked.]

• tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic